Boots Sale

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,111
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd totally forgotten the 70% off wasn't on-line last year!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We'll I guess with no online sale it's bound to mean heavier footfall to stores...
    Even if there is one online it'll be a nightmare trying to get on the site, as with the 50% sale this year you had to join a queuing system to get in, still I guess that's better than the website crashing.
  • Africat wrote: »
    If it were limited to 6 each it wouldn't make much difference as if people are working in groups they can just split them between them or queue up twice at a different till point.
    They do put limits on items online though that doesn't make any difference either as if someone wanted more they could just get another family member to put it through their account. There was a limit on the large Yankee Candle set online and they still have it left in the sale, think people have twigged on it's not so much of a bargain now, think it was a fiver more than last year and a fair few other places also had a similar offering cheaper, including Amazon who had it as a Black Friday deal.

It was limited to 6 in the two stores I visited last year. The lady in front of me had 7 of one small item (might have been a Sanctuary item worth a couple of quid) and the cashier took one off her.
  • I wonder if they will officially announce it the evening before like they did last year? If its not online then the website probably won't go down (which is usually the indication that its deffo the next day) Sure they won't want the chaos of people queuing up on Wednesday morning again if its not until Friday
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Africat wrote: »
    We'll I guess with no online sale it's bound to mean heavier footfall to stores...
    Even if there is one online it'll be a nightmare trying to get on the site, as with the 50% sale this year you had to join a queuing system to get in, still I guess that's better than the website crashing.

It was a nightmare of Christmas eve. I got in pretty much straight away but tried to check out and got thrown out. It kept happening and then I just couldn't get past the queuing page until Boxing day. I didn't end up getting anything.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Africat
    Forumite
    Blueyez wrote: »
    It was a nightmare of Christmas eve. I got in pretty much straight away but tried to check out and got thrown out. It kept happening and then I just couldn't get past the queuing page until Boxing day. I didn't end up getting anything.

Yeah that happened to me at one point but I managed to get what I wanted still.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,615
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    I've just been to my local retail park (Speke Liverpool) and had a nosey in Boots while I was passing. There is lots of stock still at half price but it was strange, it was all women's toiletries. Literally everything. No men's stuff, no homewares type things, no wrapping paper/tags, only women's gift sets. So if you are after those, you'll probably still get them on Friday.
    Absolutely tonnes of the big Soap and Glory sets (at least 100 of them I reckon, if not more). Lots of Joules bags, Jack Wills, Number 7, Yardley, Sleek makeup, Zoella plus lots of the Boots own brand sets. In the time I was there, I didn't see anyone else so much as looking at them, never mind buying!
    In all honesty I don't even think it's worth it at 70% off. The majority of the gifts were £50, meaning they'd go down to £15, which at a push is about all they're really worth.
    I will definitely not be queuing up to get into the scrum, but I know curiosity will get the better of me and I'll end up going along to have a look ����
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I was thinking the same about the sets, at £15, I think that's still too pricey! I really think everything should be £10 or under now.
    I'm going for little things, and hopefully using my points - is it still ok to use them? I know one year it was said they couldn't be used?
  • I'll be walking to several (maybe six max) Boots stores tomorrow to check stock... let me know if you're planning to shop in central London and what you want and I'll look out for it and add it to our write-up :)

I've been trying to get official info for you guys, but not heard anything yet - so I agree with the best guesses of Fri 19 in stores only :T It's what my research points to, too!
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Africat
    Forumite
    cagsd wrote: »
    I've just been to my local retail park (Speke Liverpool) and had a nosey in Boots while I was passing. There is lots of stock still at half price but it was strange, it was all women's toiletries. Literally everything. No men's stuff, no homewares type things, no wrapping paper/tags, only women's gift sets. So if you are after those, you'll probably still get them on Friday.
    Absolutely tonnes of the big Soap and Glory sets (at least 100 of them I reckon, if not more). Lots of Joules bags, Jack Wills, Number 7, Yardley, Sleek makeup, Zoella plus lots of the Boots own brand sets. In the time I was there, I didn't see anyone else so much as looking at them, never mind buying!
    In all honesty I don't even think it's worth it at 70% off. The majority of the gifts were £50, meaning they'd go down to £15, which at a push is about all they're really worth.
    I will definitely not be queuing up to get into the scrum, but I know curiosity will get the better of me and I'll end up going along to have a look ����

Pretty much like mine really, hardly anything for men other than FCUK socks set. Nothing really in the way of homeware other than reed diffusers which I've found nicer and cheaper in TKMaxx. No food gifts other than walkers biscuit robin tins and all that sort of stuff was dirt cheap to clear it in Waitrose so I won't be paying 3quid a tin!
    I too will be getting smaller stuff with maybe one larger set, it soon adds up especially if you're getting the larger sets at £15/£18 a time... Smaller stuffs easier to carry back and store away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure