PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 12th March 2017

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Happy birthday TA! I hope you have a lovely day.

Still in bed but thinking about getting up. I have my Grandson at mid day and overnight so I ought to getting the jobs I want to get done done now. Same for hubby. He loves to have him so he says but conveniently clears off when he can.

Lovely to see Harry's (long story) daffodils in the garden. Summer is on its way!

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    GERS I'm another who would read your mum's story too. It's good she is able to talk about her experiences, as harrowing as they were. I have a friend who's dad was very, very difficult to live with as she and her sisters were growing up and it wasn't until after he died that they found lots of scribbled notes hidden away, which explained why. He had suffered tremendously in concentration camps but had never talked about it to anybody. He spent years with the memories eating away at him. So very sad.

On a brighter note I have now opened all my cards and they are standing on every available surface. Presents opened too - I have got some lovely things. I have been truly spoiled. xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday TA :)

Have some more cake :D

:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • lonewhitewolf
    Options
    Morning all x
    Happy birthday TA x
    Been mega busy again. Yesterday did some batch cooking for the freezer. 3 cottage pies. 3 chillis. 3 lasagnas and 2 chicken currys. Wanted to do more but felt sore and had to give in. Will make the cakes today and fish pies on Monday DH is convinced that I am planning another trip away lol with doing so many meals. I'm not just got this feeling I will need them preped.
    DD2 is a lot better now and not taking so many painkillers.
    Have DD1 and DGD round today and are out for lunch.
    Well need to go wake the sleeping monsters.
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy Birthday T/A have even more cake one can never have enough I find :):) :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:

Great reason for birthdays especially as you get older no one complains when you have some birthday cake :):):) I hope you have a great day and get suitably spoiled by the family as is ones right :):)

Weather not quite so nice today, although its dry not so warm as yesterday .

DD has found a large caravan that will take 6 of us plus the two little dogs for 4 days on our beloved Isle of Wight the week before Easter and the boys don't know about it at all :)

My eldest DGS has a quick flying visit home from NYC for work for a few days at the beginning of April and his Mum is having a bit of a BBQ/tea party for him and his new wife on the 2nd of April for all the family to see them both,and then we whizz off on the 3rd until the 7th,so fingers crossed the weather will be good ,although apparently there is indoor entertainment and swimming pools etc for the boys to keep them amused if its raining.

So I shall be sorting out my stash of tinned bits and pieces to take with us for a couple of days .

Its going to be a busy month as I am off again on the 21st to the north of England with my friend for our annual spring weeks break, so I shan't see much of my house in April :):)

I am just about to go and dive into my freezer to see if I can fish out some diced beef inn there to defrost for a beef bourguignon that I want to make overnight in the SC

Hope you all have a good day what ever you are doing

JackieO xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy birthday TA. Just off to Harrogate for a mooch around.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Not too bad a day here, worked yesterday at a local cafe. Working from 4 tonight till tomorrow so having a bit of a rest today. I will be working 45 hours this week, not including travelling time. WM on & will hang out shortly.

Ds2 has got an interview at the college we went to so that's good.

TA Happy Birthday, have a lovely day.
    NRA - sorry to hear of your loss.
    Tru - when you've trained scampi just to dig in allowed area, can you let me know your method as Mason (parson JRT) loves to dig anywhere.

Hugs to anyone that needs/wants one. Take care.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Dull and rather damp this morning. Gammon for tonight has been cooked, its cooling so I can slice it, will leave out enough for tonight and tomorrows supper, package and freeze the rest.

OH is not complaining so much about his sore mouth, he managed to eat his meat and spud pie ok last night.

Babies playmat packed up, ready to be posted tomorrow.

No plans for the rest of the day, supper veggies done, so just need to cook them and reheat the gammon in the top of the steamer. We will have mustard sauce with it.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just thinking of evocative smells - I love the smell of pencils, creosote and marzipan, the last because at school we used a glue that smelt like that.

JackieO I used to wear Chanel no5 but now my favourites are Prada Infusion d'Iris and Here's Eat design Mere ills. I'm going to leave that for its novelty value and try again. Eau des Merveilles, clearly this tablet does not approve of things in French.

My favourite flower smell is wallflowers, wonderful and not long to wait though I have none, not having been able to get outside at the back since last summer. So I shall be sniffing other people's.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy Birthday TA - have a fab day x

Busy polishing the daffodils ready for Jackie O,s arrival in April - we like to make the Island look nice for special visitors :D Will ensure DS is wearing his formal uniform if he is on ferry duty that day :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family