Is this really sad....

but I want to get to the end of the month, get all my bills in and check how well/bad I have done on my budget. I have rung DH up every day and asked him if the CC bill has come, what is the payment, balance, interest etc.

I have downloaded the budget spreadsheet from another post and spent last night showing DH what the graph said he had spent, and how his "graph tower" was bigger than mine......how life has changed to those days of hiding bills, paying minimum payments.....but all for the better :D

Comments

• its great when you can feel like that isnt it?! Not having to run for the door on a saturday morning when the post comes means that i actually get to have a lie in now!
    Now im debt free i want to be fat free too!
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    but I want to get to the end of the month, get all my bills in and check how well/bad I have done on my budget. I have never rung DH up every day and asked him if the CC bill has come, what is the payment, balance, interest etc.

I have downloaded the budget spreadsheet from another post and spent last night showing DH what the graph said he had spent, and how his "graph tower" was bigger than mine......how life has changed to those days of hiding bills, paying minimum payments.....but all for the better :D

Ok, yes you are officially sad. Please report to SS and receive your DFW Nerd Number immediatley! :rotfl:

Just kiddin, Its a change of personaility and as long as your DH is also happy and it isnt driving you apart then it is all for the better ;)

Edit: whoops just saw your already part of the Nerd Gang :)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • Yes, it is really sad... I'm just as bad though! :D

And I frown when I see people bring their unopened bills to work and stuff them in a draw out of sight. Oh, I am so holy now :)

gtd
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Your not sad...

We'll if you are can I join the club, because I do it to!!! In fact I have all my graphs and spreadsheets open now and I regularly check my online banking (I feel that if I stare at it long enough the balance will go up!)

I love spreadsheets and graphs (I carry the disc with them on where ever I go) and I am actually looking forward to analysising 2 weeks of my spending diary so I can makes some cuts in my spending!!!

It comes to us all doesn't it!!!
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • blackangeluk
    blackangeluk Posts: 837 Forumite
    Hi Crown

IMy DH is very happy about my change in habits, but it isn't a smooth ride, as I knew it wouldn't be. If it was a smooth ride, it wouldn't be a lesson learned I guess.

I think we are closer as we are more open and I talk openly about money now rather than hiding it, but he still gets annoyed about the situation - just one of those things that will work its way out in time I guess.....
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Graph tower :rotfl:
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Hey, your right it isnt easy but it will be worth it once we reach the end of the journey ;)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • blackangeluk
    blackangeluk Posts: 837 Forumite
    Graph tower :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • bluesindy_2
    bluesindy_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    This made me laugh

no you're not sad, I havn't got a spreadsheet but keep a permanent spending diary!! Isn't is strange how this site has changed so many peoples attitude for the better. Yesterday I went to pay some money into the bank, simple you may think but she kept me there for about 10 mins trying to flog me a dodgy monthly fee account(we all know they are pants as Martin says), a credit card, and then as a last ditched attempt, a mortgage, by this time I was getting fed up so I told her that I didn't make any financial decisions without checking out MoneySavingExpert, you should have seen her face drop!!!
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    I like that one... I might try it in my next 'Account Review'.
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills