Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hello all

I'm full of cold and I hurt my back yesterday, no idea how but the base of my spine and legs hurt, so I'm feeling sorry for myself. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time since before Christmas and it did nothing to cheer me up. I am so annoyed with myself as I now need to lose 16lbs to get back to my goal weight :( It's just crept on over the last few months bit by bit and I'm disappointed as this means I've put back on all the weight I lost at WW 13 years ago. Back on the case now and yesterday I started counting points again. It was quite a revelation as although I thought I was being good I'd gone over my dailies and into my weeklies. At least I understand now how I've put the weight back on and can move forward. I've given myself until 18 April to lose 16lbs as all being well we'll be going on holiday on the 23rd for Mr SA's birthday. Not booking anything until he gets the all clear though.

Annoyed I can't exercise until I feel better but I'm sure I'll be ok in a few days.

Added up total spend for the whole week and it was a whopping £195.20. Not all on food, it includes DD's birthday and cash given to Mr SA. Apart from the online shop nothing has been put on the card. Must spend a lot less between now and payday as funds are greatly diminished due to me shaving quite a bit off the budget to pay the debt down to £550 :) Also put oddments into VSP which is now £44.30.

Today's plans are to sort out toiletries cupboard and also declutter a cupboard in my dining room as every time I open the door something falls out!

Mr SA is resting, he still has a bit of a cold (cue violins). No such luxury for me alas.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oooh bad back and spine, horrible and the only solution dare I say is rest......

Can sorting cupboard be left for another day.... On behalf of your back...Please not today"...."..........................
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Leave the cupboard for another day.:naughty:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Leave cupboard till another day. Have a nice soak in bath, to ease back. Glad MR SA feeling better.
  • So true re the luxury of being ill. If my kids are ill I run about after them but if I'm ill I still get asked 'what's for dinner' !!
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Rest up, that cupboard will still be there when you are better x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Sun_Addict
    Still feel rubbish although back is a lot better. Have dragged myself into work the past two days, I know I'm crazy, most of the office are suffering too so it's not just me.

Mr SA is to start a 12 month case study programme next month. I might have mentioned it before, it's where he's studied by student GPs and they'll monitor him on a weekly basis at home. He was happy about this initially but now he's got a bee in his bonnet saying they've picked him because he's going to "snuff it" (his words). It will do him good as he's not in the best of health at the moment. His carer has mentioned again about his mobility being worse.
  • beanielou
    Hopefully a good thing for Mr SA then.
    You really should be off SA :naughty:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Thankfully feeling loads better today :) Had a good night's sleep too which has helped - must've been the bowl of hot water with a dollop of Vick in it at the side of the bed! Mr SA very vague today - he informed me it is 24 years since we met - bearing in mind our eldest is 30!!! He could do with a bit of an overhaul as he's been having a lot of tummy upsets, he's got a rash under his arms and itchy sores in his groin area (thrush?). Wondering if any of these symptoms are to do with being on penicillin for such a long time or long term chemo effects, I don't know. Plenty to ask his consultant about anyway. It's never ending.
  • beanielou
    Blimey it is never ending.
    Time for a wee trip to GP I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure