Refund proving difficult

Options
I really hope that someone can help me with this.

I ordered 100 sheets of circular labels from AA labels on the internet.

After spending a great deal of time trying to print on these labels they do not line up and some of them are way off.

I emailed the company regarding this and they said that the template mirrors the labels exactly and they were insistent that it was a setting issue.

I tried again and again and nothing I did made any difference so I emailed them again and said that I would like a refund. I explained that I had printed on Herma round labels before and never had a problem.

They replied and asked me to measure the margins on the labels which I did. They were slightly larger than what they should be. I had ordered square labels in the past from the same company, so today I did a test using their square labels template and these turned out completely fine.

So I emailed them back and said that the margins were slightly larger, and explained that I tested their square labels which printed fine so this tells me that it is not a setting issue and that it is an issue with the labels.

He has now replied asking me to send back two pages of the labels, and also a sheet of printed labels. And also to send him the temple of how I have lined them up, one with the guides and one without.

I have had about enough of this. I work full time and also run a small graphics business online. These labels were not cheap, at £25 for 100 sheets. I do not have the time nor the energy to do what he has asked and I don't see why I should have to pay to post labels back.I have since ordered another 100 sheets of labels from the company I usually use 'Herma'. As a result of all of this, I am behind on many label orders for my customers.

I paid through paypal. Can anyone advise me on what I should do here?

Many thanks

Comments

• cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since it seems this was a b2b sale you would need to check the contract of your sale, regular consumer rights wont apply here.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    you need to do as he asks, so that they can check as they may have been sent a dodgy batch from their supplier
  • theshoefairy
    theshoefairy Posts: 221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry for being dense, but what is a b2b sale?
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    Thanks.

I don't see why I should pay for the return postage of two sheets of labels. It is clear to me that it is an issue with the labels as I have printed circular labels before with no problem and their own square labels are printint fine.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Business to business transaction.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't see why I should pay for the return postage of two sheets of labels.
    If you had made this purchase as a consumer, rather than a business, then the cost of returning the goods which do not conform to contract would/should be covered by the seller.

As you appeared to have made this purchase as a business, you will need to read the terms of your contract with the seller to determine who covers that cost.
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    Sorry, I am not a registered business. I am a person who just sells items in their spare time. It is a very small concern.
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    I have emailed back and said that it is clearly an issue with the labels as I can print on other labels without issue and I have asked again for a refund.

If he refuses, I will escalate it through Paypal.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Even in consumer purchases the seller has the right to confirm that the fault exists before providing a remedy. (I'm ignoring the 30 day right to cancel option as you'd not get a full refund as you've "used" some of the items, so any refund could be reduced).

The only difference is who pays for the return. If the seller agrees to reimburse your returns cost then just agree to what's being asked.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I am not a registered business. I am a person who just sells items in their spare time. It is a very small concern.

are you sure
    I work full time and also run a small graphics business online.

You are running a business, so it is a b2b transaction.

why should they refund you when you wont let them check the issue with stock you have. Paypal will not refund you until your return the goods, so best to do what they want and that is spend the £1 to just return the labels the seller asked for so they can check and rectify the situation. as you say you have used them labels before without issue, so they need to check the labels they sent you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure