MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• snowscreamer
    Options
    Now I'm back home on my computer I tidied the list up a bit; moved Cuidadosa to births and added firebird082 plus I know you said you were expecting a girl cats so added that as well.

Pushchair arrived today. The seat unit is a little worn from use but I suppose at £54 on eBay I can't complain too much! Seems perfectly functional which is the main thing. We'll have the new carrycot so if after the carrycot stage we do decide to replace it, it won't be a disaster! The frame is perfectly fine so it will definitely work well as a pram / travel system.

I feel like the third trimester is starting to catch up with me now which is a bit sad. I've enjoyed such a wonderful second trimester with loads of energy and no illness at all. But I'm now starting to get (currently pretty mild) heartburn / acid reflux and starting to find stairs a bit of an effort and bending down painful. Very frustrating for somebody who's used to being slim and reasonably fit and active. Tying up shoelaces / putting on socks is becoming a bit of a mission too. Having to use a stair or table now where before I could lean over and do it on the floor with ease. Plus my hips are starting to feel the burden of the extra weight. It's manageable for the moment so I'm really hoping none of the above get worse at too fast a pace... Oooh, leg cramps in bed are another - I was really glad to see others mention it as I didn't know it could be pregnancy related. I had been assuming it was me getting old and unable to cope with the walking I'm now doing as part of my train/tube commute (used to drive to work).
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snow, could you add me on for 4th Jule, copying and pasting on tablet is a bit hit and miss

Saw movement on bump when bean kicked today. Oh has got conf of receipt of pat leave docs so I need to get mat b1 sorted.

Growth scan on weds so a bit apprehensive
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Snow I am with you on the heartburn/reflux. No amount of Rennies/Gaviscon seems to help either which is frustrating.

Hopefully your scan will go well Arbrighton.

Absolutely shattered this morning, decided to hit the gym after the 2nd/3rd time I woke up around 3. Sitting at my desk now, not sure that was the best idea. May have to crack out the normal coffee today. Just hoping the day passes quickly and I can be back at home before I know it.

Penguin, which hypnobirthing track is it your doing?
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    I've been doing the first track on this page https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/book-talk/mindful-hypnobirthing/ we did it again last night, although we both got the giggles as OH had been doing a spoof version of it beforehand. But we perservered with it and it still was good. I feel like I'm sleeping a bit better, although having lots of labour/ pregnancy dreams but they're not stressy so I don't mind them. If you google mp3 hypnobirthing there's a few other tracks around too, so I may try some of them too.

Snow I'm with you on the frustration around energy. I tried to do masking tape to paint the skirting boards the other day and it was really hard work! OH ended up doing all the painting and I just sat on the birthing ball watching him like a spare part. Where possible I'm going for slip on shoes now the weather has improved a bit.
  • Lifestartsat40
    Options
    Another one here struggling with the energy, although in my case it could also be age related as well as pregnancy related - I felt about 100 years old yesterday, everything was an effort!
    I am 28 weeks this Saturday and I'm celebrating Mothers Day by going for one of the 4D scans, will be lovely to see little one again even if some of the 3D pics can look a little weird :)
    Ive finished work now, I officially start Mat leave at 32 weeks, but with 2 weeks school holiday immediately prior and a sick note for my SPD running up till then, I'm now a free woman!!
    Trying to make the most of it and have planned some trips to the swimming pool, getting the nursery ready, lots of reading, but can't be as active as I would like as I'm hobbling about on crutches.
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Tying up shoelaces / putting on socks is becoming a bit of a mission too. Having to use a stair or table now where before I could lean over and do it on the floor with ease.

Ha, with you on that one - although I am a lot more used to propping feet on chairs for doing up shoes, because of my existing back issues.

I was feeling totally exhausted before holiday, but having such a relaxing and lazy week away seems to have done wonders for my energy levels. Also helps that I've stopped playing tennis now, so my only evening out is to aquanatal - much easier!
    OH ended up doing all the painting and I just sat on the birthing ball watching him like a spare part.

This made me laugh - that's exactly how helpful I've been too. Although we did manage to entirely clear the outhouse on Sunday afternoon, and OH had to keep telling me to stop doing things! "Put that down. Tell me where you want the sack of potatoes, and I'll move them for you"!

I'm home alone again this week, which is good for sleep. Had the 28 week midwife appointment yesterday - bump still around the 50th percentile or slightly under, which is good news - OH's family are all very small, and I'm 6ft, so in reality the baby could be any size really :p Seeing the anaesthetist tomorrow to make sure there aren't any potential issues with having an epidual related to my previous spinal surgery - potential perfect storm there if they can't, and the placenta has stayed blocking my cervix, but I'm trying not to think about that...a cesaerean under general is about my worst nightmare for birth :( Hopefully it won't come to that, and there's no point worrying until it becomes an actual problem rather than just a potential one.

I'm off to pick up the travel system tonight - spotted the Uppababy vista secondhand on Gumtree, so all being well that will come home with me later. Bit annoyed with Mothercare for being useless at the moment - it's impossible to find out when their expectant parent evenings are, so ended up messaging them via facebook. Have missed the local one, and they weren't able to tell me when any future ones might be. So I think we'll be spending the rest of our John Lewis vouchers on baby stuff instead.

Fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow Arbrighton - hopefully everything will be positive.

Enjoy your time off, Lifestarts - I've got 8 weeks left at work, and I can't wait to finish and have a bit more time to do the little things around the house. And it's beautifully sunny today too - make the most of it!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks firebird as far as i know it's precautionary due to the small risk i was exposed to zika but a bit anxious all the same.
    Need to write myself a couple of notes to ask about, not least mat b1 as oh not with me so i might forget

They probably won't know either way yet if i'll have to keep going to see consultant and labour ward rather than midwife led unit but i'll ask anyway.

The more i think about last scan, at 20weeks, the more i realise that the fat little tummy comment might need checking more than anything else

Still using the hypnobirthing track. was lovely last night as I was all relaxed until the end then very definitely needed to get up to bathroom, Oh was just awake enough to ask if it had helped (didn't subject him to it, on headphones)
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    arbrighton wrote: »
    Still using the hypnobirthing track. was lovely last night as I was all relaxed until the end then very definitely needed to get up to bathroom, Oh was just awake enough to ask if it had helped (didn't subject him to it, on headphones)

We both do the relaxation track together - might not be a very good idea now I think about it, as if we put it on during the birth, it might put OH to sleep as well! :rotfl:
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    edited 21 March 2017 at 2:49PM
    Options
    We both do the relaxation track together - might not be a very good idea now I think about it, as if we put it on during the birth, it might put OH to sleep as well! :rotfl:

Yep we've been doing it together too. Apart from the giggling it's been really nice. We got the giggles during the nct class too when practicing massage and the teacher said laughing during labour would definitely help with pain.

Arbrighton, I have to get up for the toilet after it too (baby is very active in the evening so I tend to take about 3 trips until I can settle!), but I'm getting better at not really waking up to go. And last night I then only had to get up at about 3am which is pretty good for me. Hope your scan goes OK tomorrow.

Firebird- hope the anaesthetist goes OK tomorrow.
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    1. cats2012 - 12th March :female:
    2. clarabell1984 - 31st March
    3. penguingirl - 20th May :male:
    4. vanilla - 24th May :male:
    5. ellesbellesxxx - 31st May (x2)
    6. april87 - 3rd June :male:
    7. firebird082 - 14th June
    8. snowscreamer - 21st June
    9. newthrift - 30th June
    10. arbrighton - 4th July

When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so

Sexymouse - :male: Benjamin Logan - 11th February - 7lb 4oz
    Big5 - :male: Harrison Michael - 16th February - 7lb 12oz
    Cuidadosa - :male: :male: - 18th March - 3lb 7oz; 4lb 5oz - awaiting names

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure