PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    I have had my chef for about 3 years now and love it. Use it every single week for cakes and bread, but haven't really done much else in it. I burnt out the liquidizer long ago, but have a separate magimix so don't mind that too much. Earlier this week, I had a rush of blood to the head and ordered both the icecream maker attachment and the pasta maker attachment and am looking forward to trying both out (have no kitchen and no cooker for the next 3-4 weeks so am having to be patient about that!). Shall keep checking this thread eagerly for any other recommendations for must have accessories :)
  • I'm confused about what these do? There very expensive 549 in argos, are they really that good?
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Got mine from Currys £179 I honestly dont know how i managed without one!! It is fabulous!!! Never has my bread been so good!!! Love it!
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • ukclare
    ukclare Posts: 237 Forumite
    dronid wrote: »
    I also consider it moneysaving as I have had various blenders and food processors over the last few years which have just burnt out from overuse. On that basis alone if this machine lasts 5 years then I will have broken even.

I "acquired" my mums aged Kenwood a year or so ago - it is a little faded but works wonderfully. She tells me it is older than me and I am 47!
    I will leave you to work out the cost/week/year/ or per cake!

Enjoy your bargain for many years to come!
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    I've inherited one that was made sometime in the late 1960s and am just about to send it off to be rennovated. SO EXCITED!
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,002
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    winniepooh wrote: »
    I'm confused about what these do? There very expensive 549 in argos, are they really that good?

Which model are you looking at? I paid £150 for mine a year ago from Amazon. There are more expensive models out there but the majority of the differences are purely cosmetic. (Want chrome? Pay more.) There are only 2 sizes: mine is a Kenwood Chef; the larger size is a Kenwood Major. The only difference between the two is that the Major takes a 7L bowl while the Chef's is 5L. The majority of attachments fit both sizes.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dronid wrote: »
    If it hadn't been discontinued and heavily reduced I wouldn't have got it.

Was it cheaper than this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-Titanium-KM010-Kitchen-Machine/dp/B000UE8UMG

I'd love one but :(
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    i got my kenwood chef last year girl i worked with came in after christmas disgusted her mum had bought her it as a present , i asked could i buy it off her she near passed out with shock she thought no one baked.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i got it for the princely sum of 70 quid i near popped when she told me how much. brand new with liquidiser and 3 attachments and plastic knife and books not even out of the box DELIGHTED !!! i make butter in mine out of the reduced double cream in supermarkets also bake buns/cakes/bread just about everything enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!1
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    craigywv wrote: »
    i got my kenwood chef last year girl i worked with came in after christmas disgusted her mum had bought her it as a present , i asked could i buy it off her she near passed out with shock she thought no one baked.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe she thinks everyone sits in front of Strictly Big X Ice Talent Get Me Out of Here with a box of Mr Kipling's finest :rotfl::rotfl:
    craigywv wrote: »
    so i got it for the princely sum of 70 quid i near popped when she told me how much. brand new with liquidiser and 3 attachments and plastic knife and books not even out of the box DELIGHTED !!! i make butter in mine out of the reduced double cream in supermarkets also bake buns/cakes/bread just about everything enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!1

£70 is an excellent price for even the cheapest brand new one - but which model is it?
  • :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure