£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow Treading. :)

I really get where you're coming from with the overspending - I do it quite often after being "good" for ages about not buying things then just seem to splurge on things. My budgeting really needs a lot of work. :o
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    All the best for tomorrow - let us know how it goes x
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I have talked myself into a fairly positive mindset about it - not sure if this is good or bad, because if it's not good news it's going to really throw me!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Catching up on yesterday's lists before I start today. The mild labyrinthitis is ongoing, which has rather affected my efficiency levels. I really am feeling a bit run into the ground, and I have clients tomorrow and Saturday, on top of today's hospital appointment. World's tiniest violin playing just for me over here.

To do today:
    1. Eat healthily and walk 10,000 steps (NEED to do this today - feeling so grotty after a weekend of party food!). Didn't manage 10,000 (too wobbly!) but did do 5,000 and ate pretty well, feeling a bit better for it.
    2. YNAB catch up and attempt to balance budgets to get to the end of the month with minimal shortfall. Done. Shortfall alarming.
    3. Speak to my mum about eb@ying the chair (she's staying for the week). Forgot! Will do today.
    4. Email client re potential booking for weds and get confirmation one way or the other. Done, no answer yet. Working on the basis she is coming.
    5. Make flapjacks for snacks. Already done!
    6. Plan out April's work time (because of working around DH, I have to make sure I slot in enough hours in between his working hours, always a bit of a juggle, especially with Easter hols!). Done!
    7. Put food shopping list into MySupermarket and attempt to get this week's food shopping as low as humanly possible. Done! Didn't have the time/energy to really hammer it down, and had to buy some kids clothes at Sainsbury's so haven't added up the exact total. About £80 I think, which is rubbish, but we ran out of loads of things like bleach, bin bags, toilet roll etc. Nothing expensive, but lots of them!

To do this week:
    1. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check).
    2. Make candles. Annoyed that this keeps falling off my priority list - I need my essential oil hit!
    3. Finish my socks and knit my dad's birthday socks - again, I really really need to do this. My dad is visiting over his birthday weekend so I need to have them ready to give.
    4. Plan April's budget in YNAB.
    5. On 1st April do all the money transferring from business account and into savings, setting up our accounts for the month.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Week 7: Day 3

Well my list today consists solely of getting through my hospital appointment, hopefully to be told all is well! I'm not giving myself any ambitions beyond that.

I am, however, armed with my knitting in case of hanging around - maybe I'll finally get those socks done which have been on my To Do list for weeks!
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking of you and I have all available body parts crossed that you're seen by someone who can do a thorough job and put your mind at rest. Worrying won't make any outcome different, so keep a nice positive head on and get through it :)

Hope the rest of your day is good! Also, I too get run down when i'm so busy and nothing helps but resting up so maybe once the paid work is out of the way, give yourself a couple of days to do nothing but relax and catch up with your health.

Good luck!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just delurking to say hope all goes well for you today TOPM
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hello - am a new discoverer of your diary :) Hope today's apt goes well and that there is nothing untoward found.

Re: essential oils - if you haven't made your candles yet, you can still get a fix if you have any burners (oil in water in the top, tealight underneath type things) - it's also a fab way to try out scent combinations and see what oils work together well and what lingers (top notes will disappear much quicker than base notes, which will hang around more)

Take a look at Amphora Aromatics for EOs - they seem ultra cheap but that's because they are a wholesaler and are decent quality and have some organic ones. I've used some of their oils on clients (trained aromatherapist, no longer practicing) There are other suppliers I love, but are way more expensive. Amphora packaging is basic, but that's all you need - you're not reselling oils, just using them in 'air freshening' products, after all. :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi ToP,

Hope everything went welll today? xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business