Thomson Legal PPI Claim

Options

Comments

• Gordon_41
    Options
    Hi, I too stupidly gave my credit card details to Verus Associates LTD. That was May 2015, I have been trying to get in touch with Thomson Legal since October 2015 but the number just rings and rings. However today I phoned and actually got through. The gentleman on the phone told me that Verus Associates were under investigation and that Thomson Legal had taken over all of their accounts. He told me that they would refund the money that I paid and that I would get a call within 48hrs to arrange the refund. He seems quite genuine but then again who really knows? I am hopeful that the call will come and if it does I will re post the outcome. Here's hoping :smiley
  • BRUCEY
    BRUCEY Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have had several calls with them...for over a month now for my refund..I keep calling and calling...they do pick up eventually...and keep promising me to call and pay, I have spoken to James, Abigail, Natasha, Shirly and then yesterday James again.....they can see from their telephony system how many times I have called and someone will call me back...and no one does., You would think a Legal Firm wouldnt break the law or a contract ? One for the Legal Ombudsmen.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suggest you contact the Lgal Ombudsman now, Brucey.
  • Gordon_41
    Options
    Gordon_41 wrote: »
    Hi, I too stupidly gave my credit card details to Verus Associates LTD. That was May 2015, I have been trying to get in touch with Thomson Legal since October 2015 but the number just rings and rings. However today I phoned and actually got through. The gentleman on the phone told me that Verus Associates were under investigation and that Thomson Legal had taken over all of their accounts. He told me that they would refund the money that I paid and that I would get a call within 48hrs to arrange the refund. He seems quite genuine but then again who really knows? I am hopeful that the call will come and if it does I will re post the outcome. Here's hoping :smiley

5th Mar 2016.
    I am pleased to report that I have received a cheque for the full amount paid upfront today. I will be putting it in to the bank on Monday and will let you all know if it actually clears :T
  • markjade
    markjade Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 April 2016 at 4:01PM
    Options
    Just had a very long telephone call these people. Scam,scam,scam!!! They talk you through checking there link to company house and through GOV.uk, but they read out the websites for you top enter including there's I checked all these while the SALESMAN was talking to me. (luckily, I can do 2 things at once). I was then transferred to a Manager as my claim could be above £6000. The manager sent me forms by email that he talked me though. I signed one online but as it got to the second instruction form, I said that I would not do anything else on the phone as he was trying to scam me out of my credit card number, by saying it was to check my possible claim. He started with the telephone number on the back of the card, followed by the expiry date then if the card started with a 4 or 5. Nothing given away yet, then he asked me to read out the rest of the card number. I refused as I would not pay for anything until I had 24 hrs to look over. He started to question what I didn't like, I may add, quite aggressively. They say they will hold £499 until the claim goes through. If it is successful they keep it and if it isn't, they give it back. You pay £499. RUBBISH!!! I continued to say no, and told him to phone back 24hrs later. He said he would and hung up. He phoned the following day, I told him I was not interested and why. I don't have a claim as I never signed insurance on loans or credit cards. He informed me that I wouldn't have known about it. Lier. Never gave out card details so didn't loose money. A very clever selling technique used and I only annoyed that I wasted 50 minutes of my day on him. I may send a bill for my time to them :)
  • Rioch
    Options
    Gordon_41 wrote: »
    5th Mar 2016.
    I am pleased to report that I have received a cheque for the full amount paid upfront today. I will be putting it in to the bank on Monday and will let you all know if it actually clears :T

Gordon,

Do you mean you got the £499 back or compensation for mis selling of PPI?
  • BazH
    BazH Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!

They con you out money and then lose your details you give them!! I stupidly gave £499 upfront to this company and since I have had very little contact from them! I received a letter and an invoice from them as they managed to get me £280 back but then wanted me to pay £80 as part of the 25% fee. Now I don't mind that but I had already paid the upfront fee so surely they can take it out of that and put the difference back in my bank?? oh not this company!! the number provided is useless and they wont answer, emailing them is a waste of time too! I got two calls last week from two different numbers in different area codes claiming to be Thomson Legal asking for payment but they couldn't provide me with an explaination of the process of how they would refund me the £499, hence to say they didn't get another penny off me! I saved both numbers and rang them back straight after they ended the call to me and no one answered! my case is now in the hands of the legal ombudsman who have informed me that they have had a lot of complaints about Thomson Legal. Safe to say I very much doubt I will get my money I'm owed and out of pocket £499!! Stay clear of this company, they are fraudsters!!
  • Alcamp
    Alcamp Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I had the same experience with Thomson Legal, and having read this forum, I am going to claim my money back from them as it was only a few days ago I parted with the £499. What are the chances of me getting this refunded, bearing in mind I'm still within the initial 14-day cooling off period?
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    See here.

Note that it says, "Thomson Legal Limited is being investigated by the Claims Management Regulator under Regulation 35 of the Compensation (Claims Management Services) Regulations 2006."

This is essentially unprofessional conduct.

If you have been conned out of an up front fee send a formal complaint to support@thomsonlegal.uk.com with a copy to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk

If you have not had a satisfactory response within 8 weeks, go to the Legal Ombudsman.
  • 19england66
    19england66 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    STAY CLEAR.......i hope they are made to close....horrible company....kept me waiting 18 months....and nothing to show for it...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure