IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine

Help please! It would seem I have broken a few golden rules when submitting my appeal to POPLA for parking a little longer than I should have at the side of an Esso petrol station by Gatwick North.

Having already admitted I was the driver I submitted my appeal and the upshot was I failed and the ticket has been uphelp. Having now found lots more evidence I could have used, POPLA are not interested and say I should pay the fine issued by Euro Car Parks, a BPA member based in central London.

My question is this. What happens if I don't pay and just sit and wait? Will they issue threatening letters, etc, or will they have automatic systems to take me to court to claim the money?

Help please!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    it may be that ECP will issue an LBC or an MCOL within the next 6 years , if they do , you need to deal with it then

in the meantime, they are likely to employ debt collectors (a DCA) like DRP to harass you BY POSTAL LETTERS (IGNORE the DEBT COLLECTORS)

if POPLA told you its a "fine" , they are wrong , its an INVOICE, a speculative invoice and there is no requirement to pay unless a judge says so , in court
  • Thanks Redx, so just ignore anything for the moment? Excuse my ignorance, but who/what are LBC and MCOL please?
  • Redx
    all explained in the NEWBIES sticky thread (please read it) , or a "google" search

we dont answer questions that come up daily on here due to the fact that they are all explained in those sticky threads and it has nothing to do with "parking" (read my signature)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bonestones wrote: »
    What happens if I don't pay and just sit and wait? Will they issue threatening letters, etc, or will they have automatic systems to take me to court to claim the money?

Nothing. This is Euro Car parks! Same as this thread;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5591109

That poster isn't worried and nor should you be. Look:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Euro_Car_Parks.html

ONE court claim per annum, out of c300,000 PCNs issued...and that claim was probably nothing to do with a driver/parking ticket, far more likely to have been a company/contract dispute.

ECP have NO IDEA about court; their owner admitted that in a national newspaper a few years ago and nothing has ever changed. They rely on a letter-chain of demands to scare people. Don't be that victim! I've ignored ECP myself. Nothing happened.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks again Redx and Coupon-mad. I still can't see where the 'stickies' are, but yo8 have both provided good information. So despite 'losing' my POPLA appeal, I'll sit tight and see what happens......
  • Bonestones wrote: »
    Thanks again Redx and Coupon-mad. I still can't see where the 'stickies' are, but yo8 have both provided good information. So despite 'losing' my POPLA appeal, I'll sit tight and see what happens......

You'll see they are the third post on the first page of the parking tickets form entitled "newbies" in UC
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bonestones wrote: »
    Thanks again Redx and Coupon-mad. I still can't see where the 'stickies' are, but yo8 have both provided good information. So despite 'losing' my POPLA appeal, I'll sit tight and see what happens......

But my signature below tells you where to click!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • As you have mentioned Coupon-Mad the first letter has arrived from a debt recovery agency called DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. They are now demanding £160.00, up from the original £100.00, cheeky monkeys! So you say just sit on it and do nothing?

Tony
  • Redx
    everybody says IGNORE the DCA letters

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL , not debt letters

post #4 of that NEWBIES sticky thread tells you about DRP etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing