Speeding Points on Insurance

I have just changed Car Insurance companies. My new company wanted proof of my no claims so I sent them my renewal notice. My old insurance company are saying I have a Speeding fine from the 1st of Jan 2014. The only speeding fine I have is from May 2010. I have told my new insurance company this, but they have told me I have to speak to my old company to rectify this. They said this alleged fine has to go on my insurance and I have to prove I have no points on my licence. They have put up my monthly repayments and charged me an administration fee! Surely just showing my driving licence proofs I have no points? I can't understand why me telling them I have no points is not enough they have a big thing at the start of the phone call saying if you don't tell the truth your insurance is in valid

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Toddyb1 wrote: »
    I can't understand why me telling them I have no points is not enough they have a big thing at the start of the phone call saying if you don't tell the truth your insurance is in valid
    As well as telling them you have no points, you have given them documentary evidence that you do.

Can you do the licence check thing with DVLA and give them the code

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family