Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days :j

Hugs and positive thoughts to all those that are going through rough times :A

And thank you TM :A
    That's good it should help get you through the worst few days a little better.
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

Di I hope your baby arrives soon and safely

Sorry I have no idea how to look at any potential glitches and am in work so cant try any ideas

Hope its a super glichy day for those rebuilding stashes

Tomorrow I am going to SD to try and get the mini free perfume with facemasks I have a card :T

Enjoy
    Thank you :D
    Good morning di and all the elite. The reason why I declared the value on my insurance for the solitaire as £1500 was because I thought the valuation certificate had been lost, (found now) and on the insurance application it said anything above £1500 must have a valuation. Of course I meant to to do that but you know how it is, the road to hell and all that. The other ring was described and sent with a photo of my daughters ring as my ring and hers had the same size stones in it and the jewellery assessors decided that each stone was 10 points, in other words 1/10 of a carat but my daughter has a valuation certificate stating that each stone is 22 points. They are now saying that they wont pay me for that ring as in view of the fact that therefore its value was over £1500 and since I didnt declare it they wont pay for it, or at least that is what the last person I spoke to implied.
    I do understand that each stone despite size is valued individually but it was just a rough description as I had no photos of it. Its the
    first time in my long life I have made a claim, but wasnt expecting such a slippery response.

Heres hoping the joyful day will be here very soon, bet all your nails are chewed up.
    x
    So on your insurance what value does an individual item need listing at? Mine is £1000 but all policies are different. Is the ring identical to your daughter's?
    It does sound like they are trying to get away without paying you fully whatvyou are owed but unfortunately in my experiences that's exactly what they are like. Keep fighting them but I wouldn't accept the vouchers.

Curlgirl, our valuations start at £85 but once you start getting a diamond over 1ct or can item over 5k it rapidly goes up. But that is for a full report, photos etc. Most jewellers will give you a verbal valuation.

My advice would be to take individual photos of each item and then you won't find yourself in chocoholics position of having no evidence.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have tried dentastix can anyone check for me at 10.10am please
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Any tips for Cheltenham?:D

Take your own sandwiches and a hip flask :rotfl:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    I can check it for you if you send me the details bubbs.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning all, cloudy here but sun is trying to break through.

I have just put out a line full of washing :D
    You can't make it up. Just found out that one of our "neighbours" from Scotland is parked up next to us in the camping ground.:eek::eek: Half way round the world....

The world is shrinking rapidly :eek: Most of the time when we are passing through an airport we bump into someone we know, one time we literally bumped into one of OH's friends from Africa, another time we got on the same plane as his cousin :rotfl::rotfl:
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days :j

Hugs and positive thoughts to all those that are going through rough times :A

And thank you TM :A

Great to see you JTS, have to admit to getting worries. Glad your oncologist saw sense, and good luck with your next round.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbs wrote: »

Hi Bubbs,
    I've tried them before, but found they stuck between my teeth :rotfl:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    sarahskint wrote: »
    I've just recently had this it was 10 days later the money came out and the refund went in same day threw me a bit!

Will be chasing again they still owe me £50 been nearly 3 weeks now, store have tried pushing it through but its not processing pita!

Thats a ridiculous time scale in this day and age! And I am not getting the initial order emails from them. If it was not for them being so cheap, I would stop shopping there ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Morning :wave:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Bubbs,
    I've tried them before, but found they stuck between my teeth :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:silly Billy, take your teeth out and suck :p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:silly Billy, take your teeth out and suck :p

Excuse me little Ms Bubbs, no need to be so rude.....we are before the 9pm watershed..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport