PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yay to the Rattiness of Mar - a wonderful, fearsome thing :j:j:j

Am offline for a week now, peeps - I'd hoped to do more, but I need to be off. Happy Prepping.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I am a wee sweet old lady! Cute and cuddly! :A:A
    .... if sometimes a wee tad :EasterBun
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    mardatha wrote: »
    I am a wee sweet old lady! Cute and cuddly! :A:A
    .... if sometimes a wee tad :EasterBun

And I'm the Queen of Sheba. And always, always, always sensible and dignified. Someone find an emoticon for sensible and dignified please.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ..... #2 a week (hmm, my pound sign has disappeared) ...

You can use Alt codes - press Alt and type 156, this will give you £
  • Chieveley
    Chieveley Posts: 418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    queen-smiley.gif?1292867659 for "the queen of sheba"
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I try for neat rows, but m'husband drilled a smegging great board full of neat holes to plant his cereals exactly the correct spacing & has insisted that this year he'll plant the pea crop as my perfectly healthy colourful & edible crop was Too Untidy...
    Come TEOTWAWKI, am I allowed to take up compassionate cannibalism? Or drain various people for dried blood?

Neither cute nor dignified but can usually get a brew together, even in pretty inauspicious circumstances.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 March 2017 at 8:33PM
    :p I feel your pain, we have an ex-military man on the lotties and his straight lines of crops (and paths) are mathematically perfect with not a leaf out of place. Shows the rest of us up something chronic.

I do try for mostly straight lines but am somewhat challenged by having a plot which isn't a true rectangle and a habit of putting rows of veggies which drift towards the right.

Howsomever, my archery is improving weekly and I got four golds in one go yestereve (aka bullseyes) so come the zombie apocalypse, there will bunnies for tea, side-salads of dent de lion and davey crocket-style chapeaux a-plenty.:rotfl:

ETA; do you get the double-quote marks when you press the £ sign? If you do, you £ will be behind the (") marks. It's annoying but easily fixable as you're keyboard will have defaulted to US English. If you change your settings to UK English the problem will disappear - had to do this on Dad's pooter one time. Of course, if it isn't that, I have no idea where your ££££ have gone - has the Chancellor taken them?!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    ETA; do you get the double-quote marks when you press the £ sign? If you do, you £ will be behind the (") marks. It's annoying but easily fixable as you're keyboard will have defaulted to US English. If you change your settings to UK English the problem will disappear - had to do this on Dad's pooter one time. Of course, if it isn't that, I have no idea where your ££££ have gone - has the Chancellor taken them?!

Looked like she was getting # - using that key might work but sometimes when keyboards go skewiff it's easier just to use the Alt (or more correctly the ASCII) codes.

http://www.theasciicode.com.ar/

As for the Chancellor and the missing £££s - isn't that what the barstewards do to everybody?
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    GQ, hurrah on 4 golds! Sometimes I think I'd get straighter lines planting with arrowholes. Himself isn't Wrong when he says the peas are wobbly, but the frames I assemble are from sticks available & they undulate & then wibble in the breezes.
  • Si_Clist
    Si_Clist Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    ... then wibble in the breezes.

Wonderful! :)
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure