PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    VJsmum wrote: »
    1. Went to CHeltenham on the train with my marking. Didn't see much of Cheltenham, mind, my marking and I went for a coffee and then got back on the train. But I got it done and (shhhhhh - whisper) I havent' got any left

OK WHO BLABBED???????

They've given me more now.:mad:

:rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    A day of ups and downs.

1) Bigger son has a place at the high school of his choice! Good job too because its the nearest (7 miles away) and the others would take ages to get to.

2) Boys to school quite happily.

3) Went to parents and had a good chat with my dad. He wasn't well but we decided it was too big a breakfast and some of his heart tablets. (He went into heart failure aged 49 and is now 67). The reason I mention this illness conversation will become clear...

4) Sunny day.

5) Walked brother's dog for a few miles.

6) Had fish and chips near the Clee Hills with sons.

Bad things - OH very offhand last night, not replied to my text. Feeling very low about the whole thing and sometimes wish I had the wherewithall to just walk away.

Spent a lot of time thinking about that today until...

...just heard dad is not ill from tablet problems or too big a breakfast. Actually, very ill with cellulitis, they're trying to get someone to rig him up with a drip at home so he doesn't have to go into hospital and possibly get a further infection. I know lots of people have cellulitis and just get over it or have a course of antibiotics, but this is his 3rd time and only a hospital stay and a drip has cracked it the previous 2 times. It makes him very seriously ill.

So waiting to hear more from mum or brother as to what is happening. An ambulance has been booked if they can't sort it at home. :-(
  • Millie2008_2
    Millie2008_2 Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

OK WHO BLABBED???????

They've given me more now.:mad:

:rotfl:

Weren't me!! I was hoping to offload some of mine onto you, being as you had none :rotfl:

Luvvie- welcome :D lovely to meet you!

Frith- thinking of you, you know where I am xx

Mine for the past couple of days

1. Dave spikey last night....amazing :rotfl:I haven't laughed so much in aaaages. Slightly annoying that the woman sitting next to me had the world's most annoying laugh and everyone kept turning round and looking at me. Oh and I had the world's (well Birmingham's tallest man) sitting in front of me and I am a borderline shortarse, so I didn't have the best view. Really enjoyed it tho :D
    2. Cheapy, quickie meal beforehand in Las Iguanas, was yummy too!! I treated him- my generosity knows no bounds!
    3. My lovely 'rents did the horses to make the above possible. They also did a couple of jobs at the yard and had a picnic with GSD apparently
    4. Got a couple of annoying jobs done at work this morning, including one I'd been putting off for a month :o
    5. Finished nice and early and spent some time with OH this afternoon (he was off work) I am ignoring the fact that I have a huge marking pile (Still!!)
    6. Made bracelets for the girls at mum's hairdressers for her to give them instead of a tip. They love my jewellery and the bracelets were made with bargain beads, so only cost about 40p each!!
    7. My beady prize arrived for being Fan of the Week on one of the beady facebook pages:D some gorgeous coloured beadies!
    8. The girls are fine and are behaving themselves. I haven't seen them since Monday because Mum and Mrs Ponycarer have been looking after them and it feels v odd. I am missing them like crazy- can't wait for cuddles tomorrow:A
    9. Almost forgot- good session with the Wise One yesterday- some new and interesting insights into relationships. When I grow up I want to be a wise one :nods:

GSD has managed to tweak her bad leg again, so is back on the metacam and is currently sulking because I just crept up on her and syringed it down her neck...bad mummy!! Thankfully, because it is an ongoing problem, nice vet prescribed the metacam without seeing GSD, so that saved a V visit trauma!

Hugs to anyone in need, it's almost the weeeeeekend :party: xx
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks, Millie2008. I might take you up on that offer. Mind elsewhere now, ambulance on its way for dad. :-(
  • Millie2008_2
    Millie2008_2 Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :( Frith, so sorry to hear that. Sending strength and love xx
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oh Frith, all these poorly dads.

Thinking of you - at least he will be in the best place.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Frith- big bold (( hugs)) to you . Hope your Dad gets the help he needs asap x

Millie - I see that you have found your mojo again ;) Glad that you had a good night last night . I would have elbowed the laugher and told the tall person that he wasn't born with a transparent body.. after a glass or two of vino of course.

Luvvie -welcome :wave:

Ladyhawk -I am sorry to hear about the house x

5 for today

1. Loving the birdsong at 6.30am when I let the critters out . I love this time of the morning when there is no one else around.

2.Last day of my very short working week as I had two days annual leave earlier in the week.

3.Received my £20 M&S vouchers in the post for renewing my car insurance .Was going to save these for a present for someone but changed my mind . I want them.

4.Gave away a dozen eggs today as we are getting a glut of them again . Looked into DEFRA rules and may sell a few at work as people have raved about them so much.

5. Enchilladas for tea :)

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 March 2012 at 9:29PM
    kittikins...congrats.... best wishes in yr new home

Purple kitten get well soon wishes to you and yr dad

bek ..glad to hear the pox has gone, what a relief that must be for you and yr DS

Frith so sorry to hear about yr dad. Hope he gets well soon & hope things resolved re OH & text x

Welcome Luvvie pleased to meet you. I havent been here long but its a lovely place with lovely people x

My 5 for today:

1. Day off work. :j
    Went into town with friend. was all ready to spend my money on clothes (from flogging gold bracelet) but couldnt find anything I liked. Typical... when you got the money nothing to buy, when no money see loads. Did get new pair slippers reduced to £2 tho :)

2. Enjoyed the lovely warm sun once the fog had burned off. Had lovely cheap takeaway for lunch from lovely chinese caff in town - chicken chow mein... nom nom

3. Came home and had a nap :o didnt sleep well last night

4. Had my meeting with management re office closure last week. Got letter of confirmation that if/when my current office closes I will be transferred back to old office. Didnt want to move 10 yrs ago from old office to where I am now but they forced me to, and feel like have come full circle

5. Spent afternoon/early evening in pub as one of friends I kept in touch with from my old office is leaving. Really enjoyed meeting up with lots of people I havent seen for 10 years so lots of chat

Best wishes to all x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,027 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 March 2012 at 9:42PM
    Firth sorry to hear about your dad, my father also has cellutis and is in hosp at the moment, has other things wrong also. It's the trying to get any communications out of people that is a full time passtime so I can completely relate. Let us know how it goes obviously.

1. WFH day.
    2. Lovely and warm looking at the snowdrops and crocuses
    3. Popped out to pick up our new spec's I have to wear them all of the time now as does OH.
    4. Curious about home brewing but dislike wine so going to give it a go MIL gave us the kit, and we picked up a strawberry kit from wilkos today.
    5. Treated to tea at a cafe, we both had a full roast with chips and tea/coffe for a tenner total, not very mse but nice.
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Evening all!

Phew! Busy day!

Am flying to Dublin first thing tomorrow so I really should be asleep by now!

1) New hair cut... I look vaguely presentable

2) Boss being nice - I am working on an important project at the moment which he has an interest in so he is speaking to me

3) Walked to the hairdresser without a coat or jumper on

4) Treat of coke and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps for lunch. I'm a bad girl!

5) Going to have a hot bath in a sec

Night

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure