Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ah yes The Victorian Kitchen Garden. Agreat one for dipping into. I wouldn't get rid of mine. But I haven't got the decluttering even started, so don't get rid of much.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 September 2015 at 9:54AM
    Morning! Nothing remotely work-like has been done, I guarantee you :) though this morning I did look through part of my bookcase checking out music CDs - some cases have fallen apart, some I'll put on music magpie at some stage.

And a huge decision: I have some video tapes of science fiction conventions I attended - bear in mind the early ones were basically all-day cabarets, all the actors at those cons just loved doing stand up, near enough - I watched them a lot at the time, though, I don't have a video player, and transferring to DVD is not something I'm prepared to pay out for. So bye bye ... it was lovely to have them!

Meant I could wipe a few shelves anyway, the dust is starting to be obnoxious :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,602
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wow KC, that is indeed a big decision - I'm not very good at getting rid of things like that :o But you've reminded me - I've got a video of a school concert I keep meaning to put onto DVD! Must add it to the list..

Have a good day, hope the sun's shining like it is here! :j
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    I'm not very good at it either, Cheery, but its a full height, double width bookcase, and I have to get it down to single width ... there's a video of my cats I'm prepared to pay out for, to transfer I mean, but nothing else. So much of it is on youtube these days anyway!
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    That double width bookcase is definitely going to go ... I was just boiling the kettle for a(nother) cuppa, and running over the bottom shelf with a sponge doused with disinfectant in lieu of stardrops (I'm trying to take things easy, after all :rotfl:) ... I'd forgotten that in my previous house, this bookcase was an object of affection for the tom next door, and he sprayed it constantly, one hot summer when I had the doors open :eek: the veneer is actually coming off at that place! No freecycle for this little horror, its got to go straight to the tip :o
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 920
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Lol- some things gotta go to the skip!!!

Get a hammer to break it up and have some fun:0)
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    You're on!

:rotfl::j:rotfl::j:rotfl::j
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,792
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just caught up with diary. Sorry you were feeling so ill - but - sounds like you are recovered enough to bash things up with a hammer!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    :D

Not yet, I still need the thing, for now!

I'm also not feeling very chipper today :( the change of seasons makes me go all nasal and 'orrible :( plus I was told to turn up to my GP, and when I did, it turned out it was a receptionist being over-enthusiastic :( GP was very nice about it and said he'll see what was going on, and make a note that I want to be informed. Hey ho.

So, nothing today - it was stressful to get there for the scheduled time, took all my physical energy, that's that. I'll try to do something online - maybe something nice like the cat blog :) - tho I have to check banking too.
  • Ooh! Any Blakes 7 before the bin men come?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure