Asda Money Cashback card changing to vouchers

Options
Sorry if this has already been posted, but one of my cards is the Asda Money credit card (the 1% cashback in Asda, 0.5% elsewhere). Currently any cashback earnt is credited against my account for the following month

Out of the blue I received a letter yesterday saying that the method of cashback redemption was changing, instead of it automatically being credited to my account it will change to manual voucher redemption for Asda vouchers once I hit a minimum of £2.50.

(I believe the latest card you can get from Asda is vouchers vice 'cash' so is it just Creation tidying up anybody on the old system, so has anybody else had that letter?)

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've recently opened one of these cards (so I'm not on the old system) but I can see a cashback section online when I log in....it says it has to reach £2.50 to create a voucher.
    Does it show on yours yet when you log in?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I've not had the letter yet but this is very unwelcome news... Thankfully there's not yet any mention of vouchers in my online account and no reference to it on my latest statement.

Looks like the only non-Amex alternatives are the Amazon card (0.5% in vouchers) or the Aqua card (0.5% cashback).
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dj1471 wrote: »
    I've not had the letter yet but this is very unwelcome news... Thankfully there's not yet any mention of vouchers in my online account and no reference to it on my latest statement.

Looks like the only non-Amex alternatives are the Amazon card (0.5% in vouchers) or the Aqua card (0.5% cashback).

TSB surely?
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    TSB surely?
    Seems to require a TSB current account, likewise the Nationwide card.
  • frankenzero
    Options
    I've not had a letter yet but that's not to say I won't. I wondered when they would (or if they would) change their existing customers to this new scheme.
  • jo-bo
    jo-bo Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    I've had the letter too. This should now really have its name changed I feel as the only place you can spend the vouchers is in Asda, so technically it's not cash back.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    dj1471 wrote: »

There's also John Lewis Mastercard.

1% back for spend in JL and Waitrose, 0.5% elsewhere, paid in JL vouchers.
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    daveyjp wrote: »
    There's also John Lewis Mastercard.

1% back for spend in JL and Waitrose, 0.5% elsewhere, paid in JL vouchers.
    Or The Debenhams Mastercard:

3% back for Debenhams spend, 0.5% elsewhere, paid in Debenhams vouchers.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    A bit of a shame it's going over to vouchers vice proper cash-back, I might ditch the card as I don't really shop in Asda anymore (so they will probably be more hassle than they are worth) :(

All good things must come to an end
  • synth
    synth Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Another one for actual cash cashback would be the Barclaycard Duo. You get a Visa (0.5%) and an Amex (1%) cashback on all purchases. You can even determine when you get your cashback. This card isn't advertised on the site, however. If you are an existing Barclaycard customer, you can call them up and ask them to upgrade you to this card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure