reasonable expenses single 1child

Hi all,
I am new there.pls pls I am very shocked and getting ill about it.
I complete my BR application and week ago OR made me bankrupt.
I have big debts from my past,left after my ex broked my life.I decide to go bankrupt.
well I have BRO now,and I was expecting to have interview at least by phone but no!I just received yesterday letter with IPA that is £387 35months!
My income is 1630 and expenditures nearly the same.My ex do not help financialy so how I can afford to pay nearly 400/month?
pls pls guys advice what to do in this case.
OR said you just gave numbers,and many things has been not allowed and he even did not explain that.
it is worth to not sign agreement and try to get lower IPA?
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

Comments

• please someone advice.I getting sick:/
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    What are the figures you gave and how has the OR adjusted them?
  • no idea how he has ajusted them,he not provide details.
    my rent is 372,council tax 58,gas/electricity 60 in total,water 18,my and child phones 40,tv licence 12,internet 18,opticians 16.67,transport and travel£120(month passes £60 for each),uniforms /school meals/trips£144,clothing/footwear/personal/laundry cleaning £200,all groceries and housekeeping£600.
    I have put all numbers as they are
  • we do live in share house,so bills are shared,I gave very clear numbers,well,if i was alone,I can be fine with £1000 per month,but I am care about my daughter.
  • I never thought I will have to pay so giant amount for my ex mistakes etc.
    anyway,now I just want to afford as good as possible to start new life,I never been job seeker,always been working full time and dont think is too much if i will ask a bit to low my IPA.just dont know how this works and why there been no interview at all!
    I found in my application OR has done notice to creditors that says "i will not contact with you anymore as there is no chanches to get debts paid even partialy"or smtng like this.
    so when then ~£15k will go if he ask me to pay nearly 400 36 months..
    well..I really need support and what best in my case I can do
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Singlemumm wrote: »
    no idea how he has ajusted them,he not provide details.
    my rent is 372,council tax 58,gas/electricity 60 in total,water 18,my and child phones 40,tv licence 12,internet 18,opticians 16.67,transport and travel£120(month passes £60 for each),uniforms /school meals/trips£144,clothing/footwear/personal/laundry cleaning £200,all groceries and housekeeping£600.
    I have put all numbers as they are

I think you need to post on the debt free board they will help you

I dont know about bankruptcy someone else can advise on that but you expensives are high

144 a month (1728 per year) for school dinners trips uniform is alot - make sandwiches / uniform is only needed once a year how much it is? how many school trips? what is this per year? does your child have to go?

200 per month on clothing is alot when you can't afford it

600 per month for two people on food/laundry, sorry but that's crazy you can cut this down to 200

I am single with one child I have approx the same monthly income as you. If I put my mind to it and lived more frugally I could easily save 387 per month.

Do not panic post on other areas of the site they will help you get your spend down. Look on the old style board to see how to save on you grocery/household bill.

Good Luck
  • iammumtoone
    we do live in share house,so bills are shared,I gave very clear numbers,well,if i was alone,I can be fine with £1000 per month,but I am care about my daughter.

A child does not need to cost £600 extra per month. No one is saying you dont care about your daughter caring does not mean spending money on children. How old is your child people will help you with suggestions on what you can do for free/low cost days out etc.
  • my daughter is 14.
  • well uniform is 300/year, if you buy 3.
    expenditures are average if you divide whole cost by 12.
    i really not looking how to avoid to pay disposable income but I was honest when I filled the form
  • iammumtoone
    i really not looking how to avoid to pay disposable income but I was honest when I filled the form

But you are asking how you can afford 387 per month.

If your figures you are have given are accurate then by cutting back you can afford 387 per month.

I am not saying it going to be easy but it is doable so don't panic. Go and post your SOA on the debt free board and explain the amount you need to find. No one will judge they are all really helpful and they will come up with ideas and suggestion to help you so you can manage.

In the meantime someone will be along to help with your original question regarding the OR I am just trying to reassure you that you will be ok, even at the worse and you still have to pay the original amount there is room in what you have posted to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure