Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    patanne~~34 :eek:
    My DS is 22~~please give me hope!!!! :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Sorry no hope on the horizon from me! There are only the 2 of us and the biggest disagreement we have is the length of time he spends in the shower without telling me he is going in. There is nothing quite like not being able to use the loo to make you really want to. It doesn't make sense for him to pay rent to a landlord when he can live here for keep - we are planning his retirement for max age 55. He can't afford to buy so for the time being this is the sensible option.
  • beanielou
    patanne~~ Feel your pain on the shower.
    At least you don't have his GF too!! :wink:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• they never change PMBL my line manager is 40+ got a PS4 for himself for his birthday but really as a joint thing for him & his lad, agonised for weeks about whether to get the PS or XBox & discussed pros and cons with his lad (9) after purchase he wavered & has fallen out of love with it somewhat, now 6 weeks down the line his lad has turned around & asked for the XBox for christmas!
    As said get what you can afford, it is the thought not the value or the object.

Big well done on clearing the Bcard!
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • OH used to work for Game and they are also doing some really fab black friday deals. Could you trade in his old one towards a new one? any games? (Xbox much better than PS4 - honestly!!) You'd be suprised how much you get can get off a new one. Worth a thought x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Some brilliant ideas re the games console Lucky. Clubbing together is a good one - better to get him one thing he really wants rather than several things he's not so bothered about.

Patanne I can sympathise with you. My DD is still at home at 28 with no sign of her ever going. I got excited a couple of years ago when she met a bloke with his own place. Sadly it fizzled out. Her board comes in handy but I cringe when I hear her TV still on at 3.30 am.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Thanks for all the support and ideas folks. I will talk to my Mum about going in on the present with me.

:eek: at all the grown up kids still at home causing problems!!!

So, haven't posted for a few days. In a nutshell;

DH has been :mad::mad::mad::mad:. It's getting me down :(.

Lost 3lbs at chub club this week :T.

Cheque cleared and hotel booked in Edinburgh :j.

DS1 was sent home from school today with a sore throat. I suspect avoidingSpanish-itis to be the cause :mad:.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Sorry about DH.
    But yah to Edinburgh :j :j

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 November 2015 at 9:44AM
    I agree that if children always get exactly what they want the demands become greater. I have seen it as a teacher. Parents evenings were sometimes more like counselling sessions for parents, in a secondary school! Don't forget that every child will try it on.

Sharing is the best idea. And why not get your sister or someone else to join too.

I hope DH's mood improves soon. It can be very tiring. And walking on eggshells isn't a natural thing to have to do.

Well done on 3lbs lost.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Sorry that DH has been moody. Well done for booking your holiday!

x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport