FAQs to Flight Delay Compensation queries - please read before posting

Comments

• I was supposed to be travelling from Newark Airport to Manchester, Via Philadelphia airport.
    The first flight was delayed which meant that we wouldn't make the connecting flight so we were transferred to a direct flight from Newark to Manchester. This flight was then delayed by over 2 hours.
    Which flight can I possibly claim delayed compensation for? Overall, we was supposed to leave the airport at 6:29pm but didn't leave until about 9:45pm.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Jade - departure time is not an issue it is actual arrival time when compared to scheduled arrival time which triggers a possible claim.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    111KAB wrote: »
    Jade - departure time is not an issue it is actual arrival time when compared to scheduled arrival time which triggers a possible claim.

But who were you travelling with? Unless it was a European airline then you have no claim anyway (for flights into Europe).
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jade1203 wrote: »
    I was supposed to be travelling from Newark Airport to Manchester, Via Philadelphia airport.
    The first flight was delayed which meant that we wouldn't make the connecting flight so we were transferred to a direct flight from Newark to Manchester. This flight was then delayed by over 2 hours.
    Which flight can I possibly claim delayed compensation for? Overall, we was supposed to leave the airport at 6:29pm but didn't leave until about 9:45pm.

If the delayed flight was EWR-PHL it will have been a non-EU carrier so EU compensation does not apply
    As PHL-MAN is operated by US Airways there would have been no cover here even if it had been the second flight delayed
  • Juliee
    Juliee Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

My apologies this has been asked before, I thought I could claim for flight delay for flight in Nov 2006, dep LGW to Goa. I've seen here that I can make a claim as long as it's after Feb 2005? However EU Claims website said this

Lotte van 't Klooster
    That is incorrect. The EC Regulation 261/2004 has indeed been active since 2005, however the time to pursue a claim is determined by national law. In the UK this is 6 years, in the Netherlands for example it's only 2 years.

Please can someone help? If I can claim I also need toknow where to find flight no,it's for Monarch. Many thanks for any assistance,Julie
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Juliee wrote: »
    Hi

My apologies this has been asked before, I thought I could claim for flight delay for flight in Nov 2006, dep LGW to Goa. I've seen here that I can make a claim as long as it's after Feb 2005? However EU Claims website said this

Lotte van 't Klooster
    That is incorrect. The EC Regulation 261/2004 has indeed been active since 2005, however the time to pursue a claim is determined by national law. In the UK this is 6 years, in the Netherlands for example it's only 2 years.

Please can someone help? If I can claim I also need toknow where to find flight no,it's for Monarch. Many thanks for any assistance,Julie

Yes. Six years to start court action. My guide is a good place to start (he says modestly!)
  • Juliee
    Juliee Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Vauban

Thanks for message below, sorry to be a pain but that mean I cannot claim now or I can? Thanks J
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Juliee wrote: »
    Hi Vauban

Thanks for message below, sorry to be a pain but that mean I cannot claim now or I can? Thanks J

Out of time = you cannot claim.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Bumped for Noobs
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hi, Can you help me please? We booked a flight from Las Vegas to LHR with BA but paid with avios. It was a first class flight and was delayed approx 20 hrs due to a technical problem. They refused to pay us compensation but gave us some avios as an ex-gratia payment. Can I still make a claim under the new ruling ?? Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure