Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• I've just had an idea for another retirement income stream for you, Karmacat:j

Someone who used to post on her diaries on MSE over several years,hypno06, and who was a great inspiration to many of us, used to record motivational/relaxation CDs to sell via a website. I know she used to write/compose the scripts herself and I listened to one once and it was brilliant. Will try to dig out a link if you like but I may have deleted all traces by now:o. She hasn't posted on here for a few years. Just an idea to start you thinking though.:beer:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Everyone seems happy today. That's great to hear:j

Yay :beer:
    I'd love a dishwasher. I actually won one in a comp years ago but OH made such an issue about having to move cupboards and resite lots of stuff (our kitchen, though big, having a strange configuration with too many doors and windows to make many walls usable for much) that I sold it still brand new and in its box:(.

Another of his objections was that we have no use for one, only being the two of us, but I cook from scratch every day and seem to have a lot of washing up. I know you absolutely love yours, KC, and rely upon it, and there's only one of you!
    I really, really do :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: what a shame you sold yours! I couldn't have had one in my previous house without doing that rejigging, which was always impossible when I worked from home, but I'd never be without one now :j
    I've just had an idea for another retirement income stream for you, Karmacat:j

Someone who used to post on her diaries on MSE over several years,hypno06, and who was a great inspiration to many of us, used to record motivational/relaxation CDs to sell via a website. I know she used to write/compose the scripts herself and I listened to one once and it was brilliant. Will try to dig out a link if you like but I may have deleted all traces by now:o. She hasn't posted on here for a few years. Just an idea to start you thinking though.:beer:
    I remember that! Don't worry about digging the linkie out, thats fine.

I don't do that sort of work, I'm afraid - plus the market's moved on since then, there are hemi-sync CDs still sold because they combine the sound in a very technical way (I've just bought two for my own use, actually!) but that kind of relaxation thing is mostly sold by mp3 now. I don't do relaxation tho - more the opposite :o and thats so full of pitfalls it looks like an open cast mine :eek:

Good to hear from you :) I wish you had your own diary :) and thanks for thinking of me :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 16 October 2015 at 11:42AM
    Karmacat wrote: »

I really, really do :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: what a shame you sold yours! I couldn't have had one in my previous house without doing that rejigging, which was always impossible when I worked from home, but I'd never be without one now :j

I remember that! Don't worry about digging the linkie out, thats fine.

I don't do that sort of work, I'm afraid - plus the market's moved on since then, there are hemi-sync CDs still sold because they combine the sound in a very technical way (I've just bought two for my own use, actually!) but that kind of relaxation thing is mostly sold by mp3 now. I don't do relaxation tho - more the opposite :o and thats so full of pitfalls it looks like an open cast mine :eek:

Good to hear from you :) I wish you had your own diary :) and thanks for thinking of me :)

Ooops! Completely out of touch with modern trends as usual:o.
    I wasn't sure whether this was one of your many talents. From my viewpoint of total ignorance on the subject I assumed your couselling skills would be transferrable somehow. You obviously have a gift for empathising with people plus a wonderful way with words.

As for writing my own diary..........:eek::eek::eek:. The world isn't ready for that amount of horror yet:o.
  • Karmacat
    Awww, thank you :o:kisses3:

The tech doesn't really matter, but each unit is a lot cheaper - so, less to be made from it :) I still make notes for that on cartoons of therapy metaphors - the latest is about the different ways we recycle rubbish - upcycling things we love, giving stuff to the charity shop, reselling on ebay, used batteries to the bin at the supermarket, recyclables in the green bin at home, some to the council tip, some has to be put into landfill - and how all that relates to various feelings. I love that sort of thing :D

As for what I actually do ... there's an issue around focussing it so its therapeutic and not what's called re-traumatising ... which is why a recording of any sort would never work.

I still like it that you thought of me, though :j

And I still want you to write your own diary :j
  • Karmacat wrote: »

Hello Karmacat

This made me smile so much that I had to delurk … I've been enjoying your diary for a while.

I LOVE my dishwasher … almost unreasonably … never quite understood this board's references to inside-light-tumble-dryers ( you know who you are ;)) but my dishwasher I LOVE. I grew up without one as it was seen as spoiling,
    washing-the-dishes-smiley-emoticon.gif
    and I guess it is, but I'd also never be without one now, despite teeny kitchen.

ps You mentioned a cat blog / site a while back … is this something you could pm me?
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • Karmacat
    Hello Hollyboll :hello:

Ooh, a lurker delurking :j excellent!

As for dishwashers - not only did I grow up without one, they weren't around :p you'll have gathered I'm comparatively ancient :p I've had the d/w for 5 years now, since I moved to this house, and its the inside-light of my life :)

The cat blog - yep, I'll pm you, it's not even monetised yet, which is shocking, and I want to do what another blog does that I'll show you, as well.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...As for dishwashers - not only did I grow up without one, they weren't around :p ...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When I was growing up I was the dishwasher! Would never be without one now!

Before we moved I told OH that the new place had to have a dishwasher, freezer & tumble dryer. This place didn't have any of them! So we bought the first two and had them delivered before we even moved in! I'm in love with both of them - they are silver instead of red - but the :money: in me said to give up the colour as they were 1/2 the price!:D

The third appliance is a compromise - we have a boiler/laundry room (cubby) & have installed a shower curtain rail to hang the clothes up. The dehumidifier now lives in that room too, so with the door closed it becomes a dryer room! I've discovered that no tumbling = no creases = no ironing! So I'll live without the tumble dryer!:o:)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Hollyboll, I absolutely love your animated washer-upper:j. With a never-ending sequence of dishes to wash it could be me except for the lack of a saucepan mountain:eek:
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    When we had our kitchen refitted, which was about 13 years ago, we decided not to have a dishwasher, as at the time we didn't do that much cooking from scratch.

Our kitchen isn't massive, so we have a combined washing machine/tumble dryer. Our fridge is built in under the counter, but, we have an integral garage, so the freezer lives in the garage and is easily accessible.

I loved Hollyboll's washing up smillie. Reminds me of Mr Goldie as he does most of the washing up.... but I do the drying up
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Hollyboll
    Hollyboll Posts: 317 Forumite
    Yeah, I was the dishwasher too although the machines were newish then. Didn't actually mind it so much growing up but made a big difference when I got one a few years ago … partly precisely because a little kitchen, which made fitting one challenging, but it does keep the mountains from taking over.

Thanks re the smilies … all credit to GG the font of all smiley sites (even if she does love inside lit tumble dryers) …
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure