Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 July 2017 at 2:36PM
    NBS have over the past few years offered market leading Regular Savers two or three times a year. This is also great news for existing members that may have had to travel a little too.

Also great these former N&P branches are being recycled.

https://www.thenottingham.com/news/nottingham-building-society-opens-seven-new-branches/
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    NBS have over the past few years offered market leading Regular Savers two or three times a year. This is also great news for existing members they may have had to travel a little too.

https://www.thenottingham.com/news/nottingham-building-society-opens-seven-new-branches/
    Took me ages to figure out that they are not offering a new, exciting regular saver :(
  • veryintrigued
    edited 21 July 2017 at 2:34PM
    colsten wrote: »
    Took me ages to figure out that they are not offering a new, exciting regular saver :(

Really?

It took less than four mins for you read, absorb and then reply. :)

I thought this info would be useful for those current NBS customers and those non NBS RS fanatics who'll be better positioned - but that this info didnt warrant a separate thread.

Edit - PS the 1.5% R.S.at up to £500p.m. (already on the first page of this thread) may be more 'interesting' to some with this branch news.

https://www.thenottingham.com/savings/products/regular-saver-issue-3/
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Really?

It took less than four mins for you read, absorb and then reply. :)

I thought this info would be useful for those current NBS customers and those non NBS RS fanatics who'll be better positioned - but that this info didnt warrant a separate thread.

Edit - PS the 1.5% R.S.at up to £500p.m. (already on the first page of this thread) may be more 'interesting' to some with this branch news.

https://www.thenottingham.com/savings/products/regular-saver-issue-3/

I do not think 1.5% regular saver is a market leading where there are stil reasonable number of current acount paying 2% interest.
  • veryintrigued
    pantaiema wrote: »
    I do not think 1.5% regular saver is a market leading where there are stil reasonable number of current acount paying 2% interest.

And if people have filled those?

Is it market leading then?
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    And if people have filled those?

Is it market leading then?

I think it will depend on the interpretation of the market leading.
    If a person has maxed out of the current accounts, RSAs, saving account paying 1%+ (say). Could it be said that RSA paying 1% interest is a market leading??
  • veryintrigued
    edited 21 July 2017 at 10:14PM
    pantaiema wrote: »
    I think it will depend on the interpretation of the market leading.
    If a person has maxed out of the current accounts, RSAs, saving account paying 1%+ (say). Could it be said that RSA paying 1% interest is a market leading??

Not sure why you've now changed the interest rate to 1%.

There are plenty of MSEs who've filled everything over 1.5 and are down and past using Santander 123 (equiv to less than 1.25% when you consider the monthly fee) up to 20k and hence have jumped into Ulster banks 1.25%.

Hence the 1.5% RS esp one at 500pm with withdrawals allowed is very welcome to those and hence why its listed on the first page of this thread.
  • NBS have over the past few years offered market leading Regular Savers two or three times a year. This is also great news for existing members that may have had to travel a little too.

Good to see, it seems around here Building Societies are closing branches rather than opening them (I know they are recycling old N&P Branches, but still!)
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Folks,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Yes, but I can't attach it as a file. Here is what it says but the formatting will probably break!

Summary Box Key Product Information for our Savings Account(s) Account Name Regular Saver (Issue 4)
    Interest rates (AERs)
    Annual Interest 0.50% Gross*p.a./AER# (variable) excluding 1.80% conditional bonus 2.30% Gross*p.a./AER# (variable) including 1.80% conditional bonus
    Tax Status
    Interest will be paid gross, without the deduction of income tax. Payment of gross interest does not mean that interest you receive is exempt from tax. It is your responsibility to advise the appropriate tax authorities of any interest received.
    Conditions for bonus payment
    1.80% bonus payable annually on 31 August (commencing 31 August 2017) provided:  you make only one single payment of between £50 and £250 each month;  your account balance does not exceed £6,000 (excluding accrued interest); and  you only make one withdrawal per bonus period. The bonus period runs from 1 September to 31 August each year.
    Withdrawal arrangements
    Access is limited to one withdrawal of your capital investment during the bonus period, without notice or loss of interest subject to the minimum operating balance of £50 being maintained. If further withdrawals are required you will not qualify for a bonus in respect of that period.
    Access
    This account can be opened through any of our branches, via our website or by post and can be operated through any of our branches or by post. *

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing