Help with Santander - Debenhams Store Card

I have a old debt with Debenhams store card to the value of £713, I am on Benefits so I am only able to make small payments towards this debt each month.

I wrote to Santander asking for unlawful charges to the amount of £582 plus interest of £89, I received a reply saying that theOFT ruling deemed that £12 was a reasonable charge and they were willing to refund me the amounts that exceded £12 which came to £84.

while this was going on Santander have issued a Court Claim for the original debt, I replied online at money claim explaining the the amount owed was in dispute and that I was unable to pay the full amount due to my fininacial situation.

I have now received an allocation Questionnaire which is due in this week, I don't know what I need to do next, should I tick the box asking for mediation or do I need to do something else.

Please help

Comments

• esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Hi there

Did you enter a defence ? if so can you paste the wording you used. Did you enter an admission of the difference between the £712 and the charges amount, and have you added interest to the charges ?

You already know the OFT ruling is not that £12 is fair so well done for sticking to your guns. Santander also should not have taken a court claim against you whilst the account is in dispute.

Lets see what you have done so far and we can work out what the next step is. You can use the AQ to ask for directions from the court (ie get Santander to supply information etc)
    LegalBeagles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport