NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

Comments

• after a 4 or even a 4s with unlimited data and 300+ minutes for under £30/month.

the best I can see is for a 4 on 3 @ £27/month + AUCE DATA + 500minutes + UL sms. £50 for the phone

a 4s would be nice but would be more than happy with a 4. cant afford to stump a big upfront cost for phone.

anyone who has bettered that and would like to pass on their pearls of wisdon would be appreciated!!
  • cyclotron
    cyclotron Posts: 7 Forumite
    The big catch is that this price is 579 euros is from a Northern Italian chain of supermarkets called "Esselunga," (I think they source them from India or Pakistan as the genuine Apple iPhone 4S box has a suggested retail price in Rupees printed on the back!)

If you can't visit Italy for the weekend to get an iPhone 4S, then Geneva or Zürich Apple Stores will also sell unlocked PAYG iPhone 4S's to walk-in customers for £433. (This massive discount is mostly due to Switzerland's very low VAT rate.)
  • eli32012
    eli32012 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 August 2012 at 5:36PM
    I quite fancied the Tesco SIM only deal which is on at the moment. For an iPhone Sim Only deal you can get 500mins, 5000 texts and 1GB of data for just £12.50 month. This is for 12 months. If you don't want to have it for 12 months (for whatever reason) then there is a 3 month option where you get the same, but with less minutes (i think 200 or 300mins?). You can also opt to 'cap' it all, this way i know i will not be spending over £12.50 a month. No surprises when you get your bill. You also have the option to Top Up too (which is what i might do if i need my phone on holiday - i'm not sure why else you'd need to...).
    Wanting an iPhone 4s but not attracted by any of the current deals, I got a brand new unopened unlocked 4s on Ebay for £370 (yes, i have no money this month now ;) ) and then ordered the Tesco SIM. You'd be surprised how many people are getting rid of their 4Ss unopened - they get them as upgrades and sell them on. Certainly a lot cheaper than a sim free one from Apple at £499. Also your Tesco mobile account lets you add family members too so my Dad then got the same SIM only deal as me. I think you can have up to 5 people on the same account and so you each can then also get 'Family Perks' - so even more minutes, or 250MB more data etc and you can change what you want each month. The catch is of course it is the same Tesco mobile account so make sure your family member pays YOU each month. Oh and you get Tesco Clubcard points too. O2 could not even match the Tesco deal when I enquired when I rang up about my old contract renewal.
  • katykitten
    katykitten Posts: 223 Forumite
    im looking for an unlocked, new or used iphone 4 (not s) either 8 or 16 gb - use giffgaff sim so not looking for a contract deal, anyone seen anywhere these are available other than ebay?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    katykitten wrote: »
    im looking for an unlocked, new or used iphone 4 (not s) either 8 or 16 gb - use giffgaff sim so not looking for a contract deal, anyone seen anywhere these are available other than ebay?

For a used iClone, try CEX/Cash Convertors/Cash Generators on the high-street. Will be more expensive then ebay as the shop wants to make their own profit on the phone.

For a new one, check the phone shops to see if they have any PAYG phones available
  • virgo149
    virgo149 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Hi. I've just got what I consider to be a good deal on a new iphone 4S 16gb.Through Quidco via Tesco Mobile. 24 month contract, £99 for the phone, £21.50 per month for 100 mins, 250 texts and 500meg bolt on data. With £60 cashback that works out as £555 over the cost of the contract. With O2.Yes, I am one of those who does take the Quidco cashback into account. I currently have an iphone 3 and not worried about the iphone5 (couldn't afford to buy it straight away) hence the 4S. Checking my call, text and data usage this deal is perfect and should do nicely.Just a thought for anyone who might fancy it.
  • pmy
    pmy Posts: 3 Newbie
    I managed to get a reasonable deal from vodafone (don't get good O2 or Three reception) spoke to them directly although its a 24month contract:

Iphone 4s 16gb in white
    3000 mins
    unlimited text
    1 gb data
    2 gb wifi data
    £29 upfront phone cost
    £36/month

they were adding £9.95 postage and delivery which I questioned and then was waived.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I always wonder who on earth would need 3000 minutes. It's 50(!) hours of talking. Assuming that you sleep 8 hours and need some time on doing things without talking, its about 3 whole days (!) spent every month on mobile conversations.
  • pmy
    pmy Posts: 3 Newbie
    Phone used for work calls when working from home and also call backs for friends who have less minutes on there phones or payg - useful for me.

the 3000 minutes was part of the deal offered as opposed to requested which I thought was ok considering what other providers were offering and the prices - no need to count minutes I guess
  • cezairs
    cezairs Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    After some advice folks. I have an iphone 4s on contract with three........it was originally the contract from iphone 4 which husband now uses.......sorry am waffling.
    Right.......contract ended.
    I will want the iphone 5 when it eventually comes out (unless its the same as the iphone 4s)
    Do I keep my current contract running ?
    Change to sim only with three ?
    Will this make any difference to getting the iphone 5 when its out ? Three were the best deal at the time I got the others.
    I am loathed to ring three without knowing exactly what I want.......the customer service drives me bonkers.......I am always in fear of coming off the phone having been talked into buying a car that runs on fresh air or a money tree for the garden :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback