Software4students

Comments

• Re the Software4Students website .. they removed their phone number 0207 193 5335 (Software Asset Management + press option #1) and replaced it with the Microsoft 0870 601 0100 number. Probably too many calls, so now you can only email (or ring Microsoft Customer Service).
    Re non-delivery .. Microsoft are aware of the problem. I'm not sure who dispatches the disks (probably a warehouse facility). Whether the disks were sent (and therefore delayed by Royal Mail), or whether there has been a dispatch foul-up (and Microsoft still have the disks at an unknown warehouse), nobody is saying. I know several people who ordered around the 25th October, and none have received their order. So a complete 'dispatch' has gone missing. And I have received packages sent both before, and since, the 2-day strike. Perhaps Royal Mail are a convenient excuse.
    It is also pretty pathetic that any manager would dispatch a 'launch' product into a mail strike situation! Especially when other sellers were making other arrangements. But it's only the customer who suffers; they already have our money!
  • Many thanks to those who have explained what is going with the long wait for delivery of our software. I also ordered some software from these folks around the time of the mail strikes and have not yet received anything despite our order being flagged as dispatched on their system.
  • Just an update as of the 11th no software,

I managed to get hold of software4students late on the on the 9th round about 4 oclock.

They have said I have to wait till Monday 16th and send them an email letting them know if the software has turned up or not. They have said if I have not received the software I can either have a refund or they will resend the software by registered post.

They have not responded to any emails I sent on the 9th November

I also contacted the Microsoft number who referred me back to students4software as the contract is with them

I did order a number of other items from Amazon, play.com, Farnells, Foyles on the same day and all the items arrived from Amazon, play.com, Farnells, Foyles the next day using UPS at no extra cost.

I have noticed that the software I have ordered has now gone up to £51.87

I will keep you informed

Peter Collins
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    Has anyone had any difficulties in getting software form software4students, I ordered some software 14 days ago, and my account has been debited by £36.90 (13 days ago) but so far no software has arrived. I have emailed them and been asked to wait another 21 days (last week) when I tried to ring them this morning their phone system is not working properly and all you get is the same message, press one for (etc).
    The wife has some important uni work to type up but no software to do it.

Peter Collins:mad:

i had exactly the same, it dropped thru the letter box the day after i made my enquiry, and by the looks of it, i ordered the same as you, hth
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • Similar story as previous ones -
    Ordered a MS Office product from S4S on 25 Oct - account debited on 26th Oct, and item shown as "dispatched".
    However nothing received to date. No answers to my e-mails and phoning S4S on their new number only results in a telephone message that doesn't respond to the selections you make.
    These are symptoms I have seen before from other companies that cause me real concern.
    Suggest be very wary in dealing with software4students until they prove that they are listening to all these valid concerns and provide the software we have all paid for.
  • Well, I hope I'm not waiting - just ordered win 7 upgrade through them, I guess they must perform some kind of check that the child exists and is in school?
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Update :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Dear Oneday77,

We have been notified that a large batch of orders despatched between October 23rd and November 2nd have been lost in delivery. Your order for Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition Upgrade, Order number %%%%%% has been included in this batch. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we are working hard to resolve this issue as fast as possible.

Each product ordered is assigned a specific licence key. We have arranged for the licence key on your order to be cancelled with Microsoft. We are contractually required to supply only one licence per student; as soon as we receive confirmation from Microsoft that the licence key is expired we can then issue a replacement key and re-dispatch your order.

We have been given a date by Microsoft and all keys will be cancelled by Wednesday 18th November. At this stage we can issue a second dispatch. We expect your second dispatch to be with you on or before Monday 23rd November.

If you would like your order cancelled and do not want to receive a replacement copy please reply to this e-mail (orders@software4tsudents.co.uk), adding 'refund' in the subject line. We will then fully refund the cost of your lost order. This e-mail needs to be received by us before Midnight on Monday 16th of November otherwise we will automatically send you a second dispatch on Wednesday 18th.

Please understand that this has affected a large batch of orders between October 23rd and November 2nd. Due to the large volume of orders involved we are unable to deal with all enquiries over the phone and the best way to contact us regarding this specific issue is by e-mail at [EMAIL="orders@software4students.co.uk"]orders@software4students.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Again I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are working hard to resolve the problem and very much appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Paul Moore
    Managing Director
    Software4Students

ARGH that will be a month before I get it. But nowhere cheaper to buy it from either :( so no point in a refund.
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • Same here.

very disappointed in this company.

poorly handled.

blame it on royal mail for their mistake.

our contract is with them and NOT Microsoft.
  • I'm one of many who got the email from Paul Moore telling us we've got to wait at least another week before they will send out the discs.

What's really got my back up is they have posted on their "Software Blog" that there is a problem with the need for "instant gratification" in modern society, despite the fact that when I ordered they were promising 48 hours for delivery.

They then have the cheek to go further and suggest that when Royal Mail get a backlog of deliveries they will choose to "lose" items of post rather than deliver them late. This, in my view, reflects very poorly on them as a company.

If they have such a dim view of Royal Mail then why are they still using them, and further more why did they not plan ahead and use a courier service during the strikes, especially if they knew of RM's tendancy to "misplace" items in a backlog.

I am furious and have written back to Paul Moore expressing my distaste at his company and their attitudes. We shall see what response we get.
  • I'll be surprised if you get a reply.

Clearly many are affected - the company is also breaking the law by not displaying their phone number on their site.

Shame we do not have a people's champion to take it up on our behalf as in the majority of cases it is young children who are waiting for their software - not large companies - young children!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure