IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Claim from CEL

124»

Comments

• MCOL has confirmed my defence was received on the 10/02/17
  • Hi all,

I haven't recevied anything, as yet, from the Court. As per Bargepole's post regarding the Court Claim Procedure (point 4) I was expecting some "Directions Questionnaire" from them. Does anyone know when to expect them or or if I will receive them depending on what CEL do? Just a bit confused as to when we think this may be over i.e. before or after the Directions Questionnaire? At what point do CEL have to pay more money?

Thanks
    Regards

Barbs
  • Barbie2017
    Barbie2017 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi all,

Still nothing received from the courts and my MCOL still says the last thing that happened is that they received my defence. There's nothing on there to be able to take the next steps. Should I phone them and ask if it has been struck out?

Regards

Barbs
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    This is exactly what we expect from CEL. They don't proceed when they see a forum defence. These work!

You could ring the CCBC and ask if the case is 'stayed' due to the claimant's inaction. The answer should be 'yes' in which case it is unlikely CEL will resurrect it at a further fee.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Barbie2017
    Barbie2017 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks, will do
  • Update:

CCBC told me my case was 'stayed' on the 16th March and CEL will now have to pay a fee to carry this on and admitted it's unlikely they will do so.

The gentleman at the CCBC was very open and said the Court is currently investigating them as they do not respond to anyone, even the Court. He called them a derogatory word which I forgot but basically in my head he was referring to them as idiots. The way he was talking I think they may even be considering refusing their claims all together but time will tell I suppose.

I sincerely thank the people on here that have helped and special thanks to coupon mad for their input and helping me at the start with my uploading my claim forms.

I recommend this forum for anyone wanting to defend these ridiculous parking claims and hope my case above will help. It's definitely worth a couple of hours of anyone's time to defend them rather than just thinking, I'll just pay them, this will only fuel their fire to rip more innocent people off!

Thanks,

Barbs
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Barbie2017 wrote: »
    Update:

CCBC told me my case was 'stayed' on the 16th March and CEL will now have to pay a fee to carry this on and admitted it's unlikely they will do so.

The gentleman at the CCBC was very open and said the Court is currently investigating them as they do not respond to anyone, even the Court. He called them a derogatory word which I forgot but basically in my head he was referring to them as idiots. The way he was talking I think they may even be considering refusing their claims all together but time will tell I suppose.

I sincerely thank the people on here that have helped and special thanks to coupon mad for their input and helping me at the start with my uploading my claim forms.

I recommend this forum for anyone wanting to defend these ridiculous parking claims and hope my case above will help. It's definitely worth a couple of hours of anyone's time to defend them rather than just thinking, I'll just pay them, this will only fuel their fire to rip more innocent people off!

Thanks,

Barbs

Imbeciles? Anyway, it looks like it is good news all round. The comments from the person you spoke to are both interesting and encouraging.

Please let us know if you hear anything further.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Barbie2017 wrote: »
    Update:

Good, thanks for that update! :T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure