Slice the pie FAQ'S

Comments

• srvr
    srvr Posts: 125 Forumite
    I think your 3rd star kicks in at 100 reviews as long as your accuracy is high enough and reviews of sufficient quality. 4 Stars i think is 1000 reviews under the same criterea. I think 2 stars was 50 reviews or maybe 25.

Dont worry about your star rating though, just keep reviewing, provide quality honest reviews, dont try to to game the system and you will be ok, the stars will follow no problem.
    :D£2 Savers Club = £0 :D

;)Loose Change = £0 ;)

:cool: Ebay Challenge = £0 :cool:
  • Petlamb
    Petlamb Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For me, 2 stars kicked in at 30 reviews. :)
    On the up :D
    Our wedding day! 13/06/15
  • 2 stars - hooray! Awarded at around the 45 mark. I improved my reviews though after reading this thread. Thanks. More tips always appreciated.
  • srvr
    For people not yet signed up the £ rewards for the current scout room is:

1 Star - £0.02p per track
    2 Star - £0.04p per track
    3 Star - £0.06p per track
    4 Star - £0.08p per track
    5 Star - £0.10p per track.

You can comfortably review ten track per hour if your taking your time and as it wont take long to get 3 stars (about 100 decent quality reviews) that would get you about 60p per hour. It is of course possible to reviews as many as 30 tracks per hour but your quality will drop but you would earn £1.80. Most people lie somewhere between 10 and 30.

Of course there are some reviewers who review more but they have been doing it for a long time, relatively, and they are the exception rather than the rule as the maintain quality and quantity.

;)Loose Change = £0 ;)

• Thanks srvr
    i always intend to reply to questions but sometimes get caught up in other bits and bobs ;)
  • srvr
    NP Pix :), you helped me understand it all so just spreading the STP love when i can, which isnt very often though :(

;)Loose Change = £0 ;)

• jpe20
    jpe20 Posts: 585 Forumite
    Yippie ....I am now a three star scout!!! For me it happened at track 100!!! Only 900 to go for 4 star status!!!! How many tracks do you need for 5 star??? 10,000?

Anyway not too much rap today!!!
    Jools
    Grocery Challenge 2008
    Jan £103.17/£180, Feb £47.06/£120
    £10 per day Challenge 2008
    Jan 08 £17.64/£140 (Late start and lost the plot!!!)
  • I signed up to Slice the Pie a while ago for my band and have a few suggestions for reviews. I found that a lot of the reviews we got were of a low quality and didn't concentrate enough of the songs. I emailed the site developers and they shared my concerns, saying that they were working on an algorithm to weed out poor reviews and improve the overall quality.

Don't be too distracted by the quality of the recording
    Obviously better recordings make it easier to analyze the quality of the songs, however the point of Slice the Pie is allowing artists to raise money in order to record an album, therefore writing a rant about the recording not being good enough and ignoring the song or performance defeats the purpose of the site.

Try and stick to genres you know
    If you know nothing about hip hop or black metal then it will be difficult to write an objective review of a song in that genre. Try and stick to the music you're familiar with or at least get to know new genres first.

Be constructive
    You'll come across a lot of music that might not be that good, however try and keep comments constructive - don't just tell a band they suck. Try and give a basis for your comments, especially if they include negative aspects.
  • jeni-b_2
    jeni-b_2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    hey everyone,

im just doing some reviews at the mo, but as im reviewing, my scouting profile balance isnt increasing. is it supposed to be like that or is it not increasing because my reviews arent long enough? (although i am doing at least 3 lines per review.)
  • Jeni unfortunately it doesn't update as you go.You'll only see the updated amount if you go back to your my slice page (its a bit annoying i know)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure