Removal companies, Glasgow area

Comments

• I recently used a removal company called Zebra Movers. The price was ok, nothing special, we had been quoted much cheaper but I found from the initial contact with the company that they were very professional so we decided to rather get what you pay for as opposed to finding some cowboys at half the price. I have to say the service was brilliant, Ive never moved before properly with family and stuff only as a student, but if this is how a good removal company operates then I can tell you right now its totally stress free.

The guys who moved us could not have been nicer. My wife and I used their packing service and couldnt believe the effort they took in packing our stuff. They even wrapped our spice bottles which I found wasteful of packing material. Nevertheless they carried out a flawless service.

I know they based in Glasgow and do believe they have office is London somewhere and I think Belgium or Paris? As i am a newbie on this forum I am unable to post weblinks. You can find them by searching "zebra movers".

We tried flat2flat for a quote as recommend by a friend, I dont believe the company has much experience with full house moves even though the guy tried convincing me that he is changing the business name to home removals company or something...? Defo recommend zebra movers!:D
  • PeterBett
    PeterBett Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 April 2013 at 1:32PM
    Hi everyone, my name is Peter Bett. I am the director of flat2flat removals, although I'd like to let you know we've actually changed name now to "The Home Removals Company". Don't worry, nothing's changed! Our website has been refreshed a bit but the staff, service and customer focused philosophy of the company remains unchanged!
    Thanks everybody for your kind comments, I always pass all positive feedback straight to the guys and it makes them extra determined to keep all our clients as happy as possible!

You can find us online by searching for "flat2flat Glasgow". Our new website domain appears top of the list.

Regards, Peter Bett
  • I used stevens removals and they were excellent. I have moved house a few times in the last few years and I've also bought and sold lots of stuff on ebay and used various companies but I can't recommend stevens removals enough. I just won;t use anybody else now as I knwo the wee guy steven really cares about clients' possesions. He really looked after my stuff and there were no scratches on anything which, with previous companies, I could tell they were just throwing my stuff about when I wasn't looking. T: 0141 951 1513 or 07778 742 150 or google his name
  • bluffer
    bluffer Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    PeterBett wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my name is Peter Bett. I am the director of flat2flat removals, although I'd like to let you know we've actually changed name now to "The Home Removals Company". Don't worry, nothing's changed! Our website has been refreshed a bit but the staff, service and customer focused philosophy of the company remains unchanged!
    Thanks everybody for your kind comments, I always pass all positive feedback straight to the guys and it makes them extra determined to keep all our clients as happy as possible!

You can find us online by searching for "flat2flat Glasgow". Our new website domain appears top of the list.

Regards, Peter Bett

anyone got more up to date feeback on these guys?
    2023 wins - zilch, nada, big fat duck. quack quack,
  • Just used these guys for the second time in 6 months and I highly recommend them. Each time it was a move into a flat and storage unit made very straightforward by their efficiency. A great bunch of guys, all very friendly, efficient and highly professional. Good price also. Safe hands I reckon.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    LOL this is becoming a comedy show.

All these first time posters whose very first post is to plug a company. Things must be getting desperate in the removals world.
  • Had to join in the discussion about removal companies as found the Home Removals company fantastic in every way. Peter was really prompt in visiting, giving us a great quote there and then - well cheaper than others we'd tried - and was very accommodating at fitting our move in at short notice. His staff was exceedingly friendly, polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and they went out of their way to help. The whole move was completed very quickly and professionally. I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again and heartily recommend them.
  • Well everyone want to prove yourself to giving best London Removals service but i really want to thanks to cheaper removals which provide me the one of the best removal service in East London.

cheaperremovals.co.uk/removals-london-services
  • kayl wrote: »
    I wonder whether anyone could recommend any decent removal companies in the Glasgow area. I am splitting up from my husband, and so money is (inevitably) an issue, but so is the sheer physical task of moving - last time, we did most of it ourselves.
    Our house just now is large, spread over 4 floors, and I'll be moving with 3 kids to something much smaller, so it's going to take a lot of organisation/ebaying/charity shopping to ditch a lot of stuff.
    Do the companies generally provide packing cases, and does anyone know roughly how much it is likely to cost?
    Thanks in advance - all advice appreciated

I used bee-a-courier.co.uk it was quick and easy to use and got some good quotes, watch out for the white van just trying it on. Good luck
  • I had quite an urgent house removal in December 2015, three months ago. I was only moving two miles, within one postcode, from a second floor two bed flat. I needed the company to do my packing. I went with The Home Removals Company, formerly Flat2Flat. Jason the inspector came up and was very pleasant and did a good walk round and priced it for me. I also got a quote from Pickfords which was actually only £20 more expensive, again a full packing and removal. However, I chose to go with Home Removals as they said that yes they take down curtains, curtain poles, blinds etc. (Pickford's don't). I carefully went through everything I needed done and sent some emails back and forth with Jason. I wanted it all to go well as I would not be there on the day, but at my mum's "out of the way" as my charming son put it!

It took weeks to get all my unpacking done, with Christmas coming up and a hundred other things. It was only then that I realised that they had NOT taken down a good curtain pole and expensive bedroom curtains, and ANY of my light shades. None were particularly expensive but two white glass one had been my gran's and I loved them. The bathroom one, a milk glass coolie shade would be not far off £100 to replace second hand on Ebay. I did make them aware of this and Jason said his brother had it in hand. They also dropped a large back cushion from my pale cream couch onto the wet pavement and it was filthy. I did let them off with that as it could be washed, but it was very underhanded as they never mentioned it, but let me find it. My son actually saw them drop it at the time. I've also now got a beheaded Chinese Terracotta warrior ornament, a gift from China, and the head nowhere to be seen. I don't know if anything else will transpire over time.

I REALLY wish I had gone with Pickfords, don't just assume that they will cost much more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure