Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Comments

• deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks, yes i'll give them a ring tomorrow, just wanted to be armed with some facts first :)

Did you happen to notice if they did the frameless frames there?

I would even pay for the postage compared to 110 mile round trip :)

Cheers
  • beth25
    beth25 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi yes do quite a few different rimles ones that i can remember, know they do a lot of titanium rimless so they are lovely and light. also do loads of ones with just the frames at the top-supra's.
    currently working to save £2014 in 2014
    total so far £331
    selling on facebook
    overtime in work
    ebay sales and online surveys.
    Every little helps!!
  • deefadog
    Thanks very much!
  • deefadog wrote: »
    I would really appreciate some help guyz :)

Do they do frameless glasses and is there a way to see what they have online (I can't seem to find anything) - like these http://www.geekeyeglasses.com/wp-content/gallery/67/1011t-bvlgari-eyeglasses-411.jpg

I am not being lazy as the nearest one to me is 55miles, so don't want to turn up for a nothing. Also do you have to have the eye test their or can you just bring your existing prescription and order them?

And finally do they deliver them in the post?

Thanks for any hlep :A

HI, yes they do do rimless glasses (they did at mine imagine they are pretty much the same range in each store), might be worth phoning first to make sure.

You dont have to have an eye test at asda you can bring in your own current prescription and order your glasses from asda.

They dont post their glasses as far as I know, but your branch may as a courtesy as you live a distance away, but it is worth collecting them in person as you can make sure with the optician that they fit right and dont need any adjustments.
  • deefadog
    Thanks, that's a good point about final fitting!
  • mapcr77
    mapcr77 Posts: 667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    what brands does Asda do? Do they have Pierre Cardin? Ta!
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    for 1.60 index lenses are you better off looking elsewhere or this still the best deal?
  • familyfitz
    familyfitz Posts: 691 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2009 at 10:51AM
    Sorry realised posted twice.
    If only I could stop finding good bargains on this site, I would save a fortune! :rotfl:
  • Getting more frustrated. Eyes tested last week ago (tues am). Ordered two pairs glasses - one due in stock next day, other first week of Dec. Happy with this as having one new pair is fine. Paid on day as expected the order to go through Wed and would have had to come back in next day to pay for order to go through.

No word from asda on Wed so phoned Thurs and was told due in Fri and would be contacted - no word Fri so phoned Sat to be told someone else would phone me back Sun. They did to tell me date now put back to today but still no confirmation of order going through.

Yes I could go in and choose different pair but you know how it is when you try loads of frames and find two that look good. What bothers me more than the wait to be honest is fact I paid ON INFO PROVIDED THAT THEY WOULD BE ORDERED NEXT DAY AND NEEDED PAID FOR BEFORE ORDERING and £130 has gone onto Visa bill (cut off was 23rd for this bill) and STILL NOT ORDERED MY GLASSES.

Grr - great offer but maybe dont take word for dates of stock being available.

OK so could have waited to pay once in stock but remember I was told they would be in next day AND would have had to make a 10 mile round trip. Trying to save on petrol as out of work at mo.
    If only I could stop finding good bargains on this site, I would save a fortune! :rotfl:
  • mapcr77 wrote: »
    what brands does Asda do? Do they have Pierre Cardin? Ta!

Hi, not sure about Pierre Cardin if you go to page 3 of the thread there are loads of responses mentioning the different sorts of designers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure