PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Twinks hobnobs are rather like homemade hobnobs-made from oats. Recipe at beginning of thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5392570#post5392570
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks Mrs Mc for adding me to the list. Have update my sig to reflect the spending I did in Mr A, Aldi and Home Bargains. Just need a few more 'bits' and then I am done besides the usual milk, bread and veg through the month.
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • Well first shop of the month out of the way at MR A's, £59.24, and i am hoping that that is the biggest of the month. Got loads of bargains, 16 toilet rolls for a fiver, pizza's for a pound etc etc, hoping to be way under this month.

Good luck to all, and hoing for a few NSDs this week
    Take care
    Dreamer
    Debt free date May 20. Now the Mortgage1 £53862.45/£ 0% starting daily interest £4.48/£
    Jan GC £400/£Out of the water Feb £400/£
  • reb
    reb Posts: 315 Forumite
    nykmedia wrote: »
    Twinks = oat hob nob type biscuits, recipe in recipe threads on page 1 of this thread - they are very easy to make and can be adapted to suit all tastes. :)

Thanks again MrsMC, found the Bagels recipe and have it ready to try tomorrow.

Thanx...I just found it on the list. I should have looked there before I asked I guess. LOL! :(
    I don't get to come on here too often.
    Too buzy money saving!
    :D
  • Evening everyone :hello:

Hope you have all had a good weekend! Spent another £22.76 yesterday. Did go to FFoods in the end and got milk as well as stuff for packed lunches and bacon (12 rashers/£1.75). Also went to Netto and got cereal and beer for last night :naughty:

Got home and one of the milk cartons was spilled all over the boot of the car :mad: - when I got it indoors discovered that the little seal under the cap was broken :mad: Don't know how long it had been that way - had a sniff but I'm not much good at that - so I had to chuck what was left!! Froze the other 3 so should have plenty of milk for the month.

Made Twink's hobnobs and weetabix cake today with DD - she loved it (making and eating):rolleyes: She'll be getting one thing or another to take in her lunches all week. Might take some to work for the girls too!

Catch up with you all next week :D
    Grocery challenge: Jun£134.15/£120; Jul £60.90/£120
  • You would not believe how long it took me to try and change my signature to show what I spent at Iceland.Have I done it right?
    I believe.......:lovethoug
    Feb Grocery £300 - 14.50 = £285.50
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi All

Just to update the spend.
    Shop - 30/01/09 £64.19 Mr L
    Take-away - 31/01/09 £20.00
    Balance £238.31/Budget £350.00.
    Hoping to have some NSD's this month - seem to be able to on Mondays and Tuesdays (I work 2 long days) then when I'm on my days off - it all goes to pot! Have bread in BM and am going to try to find thread for Twinks - my DS12 and DS8 would like those in their packed lunches - if they last that long. Had roast chicken, roast pots, mash, brussels, carrots and broccolli and yorkshires for lunch. Have enough left over chicken for mine and DH packed lunches for tomorro. Menu is planned for the week, seem only to be able to do a week at a time - wish I could do a month's worth. But hey, this is only my first month on GC - I just need to know where all the money goes and I'm sure we could cut it down loads! Now off to find Twinks recipe.
    Hope you all have a lovely evening.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Tracey.32 wrote: »
    Evening everyone :hello:
    Got home and one of the milk cartons was spilled all over the boot of the car :mad: - when I got it indoors discovered that the little seal under the cap was broken :mad: Don't know how long it had been that way - had a sniff but I'm not much good at that - so I had to chuck what was left!! Froze the other 3 so should have plenty of milk for the month.
    Catch up with you all next week :D

Oooh isn't it really annoying when that happens. It's a pity you threw it out because I'd have been inclined to take it back to the shop where you bought it, because it may have been a faulty seal. The thing is, not only have you lost your milk, it is so hard to get rid of the smell if it has soaked into the carpet of the boot and it seems to hang around for weeks (speaking from experience here). Maybe you could retrieve the bottle and still take it back with the receipt -it might be worth a tryicon7.gif
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Managed to make day 1 of February a NSD...might try to wait until Tuesday to shop although we do need stuff for lunches...will see how it goes.

Good luck everybody

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • elizabunny wrote: »
    Oooh isn't it really annoying when that happens. It's a pity you threw it out because I'd have been inclined to take it back to the shop where you bought it, because it may have been a faulty seal. The thing is, not only have you lost your milk, it is so hard to get rid of the smell if it has soaked into the carpet of the boot and it seems to hang around for weeks (speaking from experience here). Maybe you could retrieve the bottle and still take it back with the receipt -it might be worth a tryicon7.gif

Oh, have no fear Elizabunny, ordinarily I would have done exactly that! Ffoods is about a 25 minute drive away tho', and not a place I pass through. I only went because I'd not been before and wanted to have a good old neb around! And it's next to Netto (2 birds, one stone). Will defo go again maybe once a month - but I'll be checking the milk seals before I put em in the trolley :rotfl:

We were in mother's OH's car too and he has a sort of boot liner in so wasn't too bad!! Would've been crying if it had been my car :eek:
    Grocery challenge: Jun£134.15/£120; Jul £60.90/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport