The next chapter ....

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Grr the carpet man isn't well so has postponed until Saturday lunchtime :( Never mind, I need to start emptying my room out so I can get going but after my early start this morning and my rather stressful day at work I'm a bit zonked at the moment and am struggling to get off the sofa :o
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Morning all, he sun is shining and it's time to crack on. I have already emptied most of the stuff out of my room, I now need o move he bed into the middle of the room and move the chest of drawers. Then I can begin :D

Other than diy I also need to pop to Mums today to collect the dog and to give Mum her Easter present. Before that I need to go and buy Mum an Easter present :)
  • benbenandme
    So today I went shopping and got some bits and pieces I needed for my room and Mums Easter present. I went round and saw her for a bit and collected the dog.

I have sanded the skirting boards, door frame and window frames, filled holes, removed old caulk, refilled with new caulk, smoothed and sugar soaped the walls. Tomorrow I will clean the windows and then I can start the painting. The carpet man is coming at lunchtime tomorrow too.

I've had a bath and am nice and clean again now, this evening will be spent pottering and planning. One small problem though - I moved the bed against the wardrobe and now can't get to any of my clothes, oops :o:o
  • mollymunchkin
    mollymunchkin Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 March 2016 at 11:53PM
    Well done, you've made a great start :T I've done not much at all today. I also work in a secondary school (admin & cover manager) and I was shattered at the end of term so had a quiet day & a massive nap. Feel rested now so ready to tackle the neglected housework tomorrow :rotfl:
    Cos I don't shine if you don't shine.
  • benbenandme
    Morning all, not a great deal of pottering got done last night, I was on the phone to my Mum and then my sister for most of the evening. I had not too bad nights sleep on the sofa and am ready to do some more today.

Today the carpet man in coming at lunchtime, the tesco delivery is coming between 2-3 and I need to nip out and deliver my nephews Easter eggs and get one for ds. I am planning on getting most of the flat looking fairly straight this morning as the stuff from my room has led to everywhere else looking a mess. I'm also cleaning the bathroom and kitchen today as they need doing.

I wan to have a check on the finances too as I haven't kept a close eye this month, and with money starting to disappear for carpets, oven clean etc ... then the accounts need monitoring.

I have manage to find a few clothes, not gonna be the most elegant outfit today but hey ho :)
  • benbenandme
    The carpet man came and measured yesterday, I need to go and confirm the colour on tuesday and then they will book it in for the week after.

I didn't get much more done to my room yesterday, I did fill a few more bits that had been missed. Today I will be sanding those bits, cleaning through and then starting on the ceiling.

I have got half a leg of lamb in the slow cooker for roast dinner laer, ds will be back from his Dads at lunchtime too :) Today will be an indoor day due to the weather, and I will be seeing how much progress I can make today. Tomorrow I need to start tracking down some cardboard boxes so I can pack some stuff in and store it in the garage to make some more space indoors.

Moneywise I sorted the accounts yesterday and the money just about balances, with a bit of jiggling around, as long as I don't spend much more before payday (Wednesday).
  • benbenandme
    I've done the sanding and the first coat on the ceiling. I've also sanded the kitchen door and frame and will do the bathroom door and airing cupboard door later.

Dinner is nearly ready, ds is whining as his laptop has decided not to work today - the memory isn't big enough for the games he wants to play on it :o

I'm looking round trying to find some bits and pieces I can stick on ebay too, all helps ;)
  • benbenandme
    So I had a pants nights sleep last night - the dog wouldn't settle because of the wind, I was sleeping on the sofa anyway because of the decorating and then my most fragile student emailed me at 2.30 in the morning as she's struggling :(:(

This morning I had a shower then we went to the tip, then B&Q and got some brushes (£14) and then took the dog up the forest to blow the cobwebs away. It certainly did that, the dog has hardly moved since we got back :D We've just had a cup of tea and a biscuit and now am going to bath the dog as he is covered in mud :D

Then it will be more of the decorating lark. The rain has just arrived again so the rest of the day will probably be spent indoors.
  • benbenandme
    Yesterday didn't go completely to plan, I can't say too much but it involved one of my students and me having to get medical people involved :(

Anyway, I did manage to buy some wax for my coffee table, I sanded it and waxed it but I bought liming wax and didn't realise and now it looks rubbish, so I need to start all over again with that :o

I also bought paint for my dining chairs and table, they are an awful shade of green and I've never liked them, so thought I'd paint them cream to match other stuff. The paint was supposed to be one coat expensive stuff, well that's been rubbish too, grrr ....

Today I need to phone mental health services about my student again, collect ds friend who's coming round for the day at ten, finally paint my bedroom walls, go an choose the colour carpet and then carry on sorting out the table and chairs.

Onwards and upwards :D:D
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hugs benbenandme - it sounds like you had a rough day. Hope today is better.

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills