Time to step up to the plate..

Options

Comments

• Levi-
    Levi- Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I like the round numbers too.. I might start doing this every time I have odd pence, in fact what the hey, I'm gonna do it right now with whatever odd pence I have, right to CC1 :)
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • Levi-
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Heh heh - just paid 14p to CC1.. this might start being fun :)
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Woop Woop :D way to go!!! Don't leave yourself short though, the first month I did this I did OPs to my savings rather than CC1 so that if I needed it I could just transfer it back. At the end of that month I did one big OP to CC1. Xx
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Levi-
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'll just do it when I notice any odd pence, or just do an odd pence transfer to CC1 at the end of the month. Whoopy doopy.:)
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    You are DOING this!! Way to go Levi :T we'll both be debt free in no time :D
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2015 at 8:28AM
    Options
    I've been pondering over the last couple of days about my OPs.. This month I've paid off a LOT (which is obviously A Good Thing!) but it does make me wonder about how much money I'd previously have frittered away, not really noticing where it went. These days I'm obsessive about it, & if I waste it, I'm making a conscious decision to waste it! And so I'm making much more sensible decisions. This month our extravagant purchase was a new table and chairs for the garden. We've never had a brand new set before :o 4 chairs, a table and a parasol. 20% off in a sale. And it's here and it's lovely. And I had money in the account to pay for it :T obviously it could have gone off the debt, and that probably would have been the most sensible decision. But there's a balance, isn't there, to be had? And I want to be able to sit outside while the sun shines :)

My ramblings here are helping me so much. I do sit and make plans about what I'll do once I'm debt free.. The mortgage will probably be next.. Xx
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey lady

Life is all about balance. You need the Yin to your Yang, and if that means that you used some of the EXTRA (don't forget it is extra money, you've already done minimums and more!) to make your life more comfortable, give you some pleasure everytime you use it... then that seems well worth it for me. I was just thinking about my sofa. I spent an inordinate amount of money on it. And yet it is my most favourite thing in my house, out of all the furniture I have acquired through begging, borrowing and buying. I'd do it all again, it enriches my life :)

My plans are a deposit on a house in 7 years time. Ample time for me to hopefully come up with about £30-40k!! :eek:
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    I've had chance to have a catch up on my spreadsheets today.. it's told me that I have made 14 OPs to CC1 this month so far :T :T And if you discount the transfer I made to a 0% I have OP'd £682.01 since 1st May :j :j (£2182 OP'd with).. SO pleased with that :D I'll be making another OP on Friday when I get the holiday let money. Checking whatsthecost tells me that if I can keep up this level of payment the card will be gone in October!!!!

I'm very very very grateful that we have the holiday let; I know things would be very much slower without that extra income. Adding up all the other payments I have made this month means that I'm at 12% of my debt paid off. :D:D:D

Happy Stepup :D

The quiz night last night was great fun; we haven't added everything up yet, or taken off our expenses (we bought all the food/wine for the ploughmans supper) but it looks like we'll be able to give the Church and Village Hall £200 or so. Bit disappointed in the turn out though - it was a good crowd but the usual suspects and we really need to get new people interested in supporting village events..
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That is fantastic news on the OP's and a mindblowing amount of money!! October is practically here!!! :D:D

As for the Quiz, well done, great news on £200. Not to be sniffed at!!! :D xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done on the overpayments xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure