IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

gemini parking solutions fine £100 at Chase Farm Hospital

Hi.
Have the same problem as someone else earlier this year, and wonder how that person's case was resolved - any joy?
The kindly Gemini Parking Solutions have sent a PCN for £100 (£60 if paid in a fortnight) for a missed payment of £3 in the multi-storey at Chase Farm Hospital.
Can anyone advise, please, if the big fine was avoided? (Have no problems paying the missed £3).
With thanks.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You won't be able to pay the £3. But you CAN beat Gemini at POPLA.

Please read the NEWBIES thread first, near the top of this board, where you clicked 'NEW THREAD'. Go back there and read the sticky info and submit the template appeal from yourself as KEEPER not driver.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    you are now getting advice from one of the best informed people in this country re parking on private land ....... take heed ...

good luck

Ralph:cool:

foreign correspondent
  • Hi Coupon Mad,
    Thank you for your advice. Sorry my reply doesn't come under the definition of quick, as I've taken the good lady out of the country for a few days. Will now pay close attention to what has to be done. Much appreciation.
  • Hi,
    Am having to provide evidence to POPLA re my appeal.
    Somebody in early September who had the same problem as myself did provide photos of the car park signs at Chase Farm Hospital on your forum. These images are the evidence I need for my appeal, but they seem to have been taken off your forum.
    Does anyone still have this picture please?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Please show us your draft POPLA appeal, we want to help!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your prompt reply yesterday. Sorry had to be away from my post, but back now.
    A draft of a reply I would make to POPLA:
    verification code
    While I have no wish to flout regulations and fair payment for parking, I am appealing against the excessively harsh penalty demanded.
    The agency making the demand have given no indication of the penalty they demand, as seen from this photograph of their sign *1
    I would like to refer to the preceding court case won by Beavis*2, who appealed in the same circumstances, and ask for the penalty being demanded to be rescinded.

Notes to Coupon Mad:
    *1 While accessing Money saving Expert two or three weeks ago (have been away), I came across an appeal about the very same car park, Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield. The person writing showed clear pictures of the car-parking signs there, and I wanted to use these for my appeal as clear evidence. The pictures have now gone, as far as I can see, and I'm wondering if there is a means to recover them.
    *2 Will access the precise reference.

With grateful thanks.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    You will lose if you send that.

Beavis lost at the Supreme Court.

Please look at the POPLA Decisions sticky thread and pick out ALL the points that are relevant to your case.
    These would normally include at least, not the landowner, no standing to bring charges in their own name, inadequate signage, non POFA 2012 compliant NTK, flawed ANPR if it was used, and anything else relevant.

Have you looked on the PPCs website to see their photos of the signs? You should be able to pick holes in them from that.
    Did you get a NTK? If so, did it meet ALL the requirements of POFA 2012.

You need to do a lot more research on other points rather than rely on just signage.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    @OP - have you read this thread. A winning POPLA appeal is included in it for you to base yours on.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5459512&highlight=chase+farm
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    In addition to my previous post, we now have a number of POPLA appeal points covering the essential areas for appeal. They are in 'near template' state, but will need to be checked first against the circumstances of your parking event.

These are long on detail and when put together form a formidable block of text. Gemini are noted for not being capable of putting in the time to work methodically through a very long appeal and decide to save themselves the hassle (and the POPLA fee) by throwing in their cards on receipt of the appeal. Just need to caveat that nothing can be guaranteed in any of the advice, but past performance of Gemini can't be ignored in giving that advice.

Signage

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341

Driver Liability

The operator has not shown that the individual who it is pursuing is in fact the driver who was liable for the charge

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287626&postcount=2342

Landowner Authority

No evidence of Landowner Authority - the operator is put to strict proof of full compliance with the BPA Code of Practice

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287628&postcount=2343

No Keeper Liability (windscreen ticket, no follow on NtK)

Example for cases where the PPC issued only a windscreen PCN but did not follow it with a NTK:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287643&postcount=2345
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    that could make for an interesting appeal ........ could POPLA possibly not allow an appeal when it has all ready been successful ;)

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport