HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Most holiday insurance would not cover what you wanted to claim - Holiday Safe is like most others in that respect
  • Do you know about any notable exceptions? I'm looking for a travel insurance again and would like to have this covered.
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Dear JohnnyBaloney,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I just wanted to take a moment to clarify the points you have raised above, and to explain our policies on thefts and muggings. Under our Premier Multi Trip policy we offer up to £500 to replace lost or stolen cash, up to £300 for emergency travel documents if they are lost or stolen, plus up to £500 if you are hospitalised following a violent mugging.

Although we understand that this situation must have been horrible, our curtailment section (‘cutting your trip short’) clearly states that a pro-rata refund will be considered if you or a travel companion have to return home early because you, the person you are travelling with, a close relative or business associate in your home country, unexpectedly suffer injury, illness or death – any curtailment must be authorised by the 24 hour medical emergency service. The cover specifically excludes curtailment due to financial circumstances.

This is standard on all travel insurance policies.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments, and if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I was attracted by the very competitive price. I claimed on the policy for a (29 hour) delay and although in the end, it turned out to be about £20 each for me and my husband, I had to phone a number of times to ask about progress for payment. I was promised "it has just been authorised" or "it's in the post" but still took months to arrive.
    Dear Barneysmum,

Thank you for your comments on this thread.

I am sorry that you still feel dissatisfied with the service you received from Travel Claims Facilities during your claim last year. I did reply to your original post in November 2013 (page 3) advising you of the changes the Claims Team has made to improve their service, and informing you of the complaints procedure if you would like to make a formal complaint.

If you have any other questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barneysmum wrote: »
    I was attracted by the very competitive price. I claimed on the policy for a (29 hour) delay and although in the end, it turned out to be about £20 each for me and my husband, I had to phone a number of times to ask about progress for payment. I was promised "it has just been authorised" or "it's in the post" but still took months to arrive.

Somewhat ironic that your claim for Travel Delay was met with a long delay before being paid.
  • cozzer
    cozzer Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I used Holiday Safe for annual travel insurance last year. I was going to renew with them, but after reading these reviews I don't think I will. Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.. interesting that the few people who say they had a good experience only have one post.
  • Was about to take out Holidaysafe cover when I read the final T&Cs about cancellation cover. Buried in a page or so of final details is a line about cost of trip v cancellation cover. Rang them to discuss and was told:
    If the cost of the holiday exceeds the cancellation cover under the policy, then cover under ALL areas of the policy is reduced pro rata!!!
    Dreadful.
    Dear CubeRoute,

Thank you for your post, and for taking the time read our policy documents.

At Holidaysafe we don’t add any small print to our policies, so I am glad that our style of wordings means that your attention was drawn to this clause.

We would always recommend that customers buy insurance which meets their needs and full cover requirements, which is why Holidaysafe has created a range of policies which offer different levels of cover in order to provide customers with the opportunity to insure for the full value of their trip, and this clause is designed to draw the customer’s attention to the need to ensure that they have bought the right policy.

Thank you for your feedback; I will pass your comments onto our Underwriter’s for consideration when we next review our products.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Amber.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite

At Holidaysafe we don’t add any small print to our policies, so I am glad that our style of wordings means that your attention was drawn to this clause.........

Surely you not using your privilege to spin us???

CubeRoute posts a warning (which you turn into "feedback") about something significant discovered "buried in a page of details" which meant him having to phone to get clarified.

He reports this as "Dreadful"!

Yet you seize on the opportunity to tell us you don't have "small print", and then tell us about your variety of policies.

(How does this comply with your sig, "MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues.", and what issue have you "solved"?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure