Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Glad you're feeling better Gers.

I have been hopeless, am getting fatter and uglier by the day :(

I really need to make an effort but am just not focussed atm :(

Stop beating yourself up Mazzers & listen to the excellent advice of your friends on here.
    If you can't focus on getting your eating right, trying is doomed to failure, it's a vicious circle that I'm sure most of us have been in at one time or another.
    Eric's advice is good. Forget about it for a while & come back when you feel ready, maybe when you have less other stuff to worry about.
    Take care. xx
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Hey, hey.......did you see my post about perhaps becoming single again? He got a number? :whistle: :rotfl:

Oi missus, i'm already single ;) He got a twin??
  • mazzers
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments, i am getting uglier though ( prob just old age )

And i dont know who sistercas is referring to, but someone i recently met online had me sussed, he said i was stroppy and ratty with a little hint of nasty.. me to a T :D

Eric, i take it you love your actifry then ?
    I am sorely tempted.
    Just been reading the reviews, seems the paddle can break though and Tefal have sh*te customer services.
    I'm sure my sons would love healthy fries, what do you think of yours?
  • mazzers
    Options
    Eric, as you are doing so brilliantly, can i pick your brain?

It's the brekkie that i hate about lc, i just want my granary toast and coffee, ( or porridge) now i dont mind going caffiene free, and spending 15 mins a day on my cross trainer if i can have some toast, (and lose weight obviously) and then keeping carbs low but it's the fats then that concern me if i'm not totally lc, how much fats/oils do you have?

What is a typical days menu for you?
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    T

I am sorely tempted.
    Just been reading the reviews, seems the paddle can break though and Tefal have sh*te customer services.

I had an Actifry for about 2 years & used it at least once a week for chips & roast veg. It makes the best roast veg I've ever had. I loved it but the plastic lid broke & I haven't replaced it because I thought it was a lot to spend for only 2 years use. I now make home made oven chips instead (when I'm not low carbing of course.)
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments, i am getting uglier though ( prob just old age )

And i dont know who sistercas is referring to, but someone i recently met online had me sussed, he said i was stroppy and ratty with a little hint of nasty.. me to a T :D

I am sorely tempted.

I love my actifry to death, it just needs a little care, the arms can break but only if you stress the tip when cleaning it, i place mine on a kitchen towel so that it can not bend back and forth, apart from that it makes the most fantastic chips/wedges with extra virgin rapeseed oil.

i have the original one and i believe they have had some parts redesigned since launch to make them tougher

even if i only got 2 years out of it i would still replace it, that's what £6 a month (id cut something else out of my life like magazines etc), I can live with that for being able to eat chips :)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2010 at 11:56AM
    Options
    Isn't that the gadget that was famed for catching fire? Was on Watchdog I think? The company refuted claims it was unsafe despite any people saying they all had the same identical fault.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2008/11/chip_pans_up_in_smoke.html

There was a website for peeps who had been affected but I can't find it now, Tefal had basically washed it's hands.

It was a while ago now though so maybe it's been sorted out during the redesign Eric mentioned?
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Eric_Pisch
    edited 3 May 2010 at 11:57AM
    Options
    Eric, as you are doing so brilliantly, can i pick your brain?

It's the brekkie that i hate about lc, i just want my granary toast and coffee, ( or porridge) now i dont mind going caffiene free, and spending 15 mins a day on my cross trainer if i can have some toast, (and lose weight obviously) and then keeping carbs low but it's the fats then that concern me if i'm not totally lc, how much fats/oils do you have?

What is a typical days menu for you?

im working on a lower carb diet not totally low i dont avoid carbs at all cost I have rather just reduced the amount i take and replaced them with healthy oils and fats

heres a % breakdown of my last 7 days

nutbreakdown.jpg

so i am not anti carbs per say, the ones i tend to avoid are the processed ones like bread and pasta

in my mind if you are going to eat carbs then its certainly better eating them earlier in the day

i seam to have the balance about right, your body stores about 2000 cals worth of carbs as glycogen and i never seam to fill this up even thou i have say chips for dinner as i always go into ketosis every time i cardio and occasionally during the day

the thing to remember is there is no correct diet, all diets can work if they get you to eat less calories than you use (without shutting down your metabolism) the key is finding one you can live with and that works for you, none of them work for me per say so i just looked at the science and made a plan that suits me based on the evidence
  • Eric_Pisch
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Isn't that the gadget that was famed for catching fire? Was on Watchdog I think? The company refuted claims it was unsafe despite any people saying they all had the same identical fault.

yep that's the one that was on Feardog, in fact no matter what feardog did they could not get it on fire, to demo one on fire they had to jam it, cut some wires and over ride the safety on it, which they explained extremely briefly what they had done in the article :D
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    Eric_Pisch wrote: »
    yep that's the one that was on Feardog, in fact no matter what feardog did they could not get it on fire, to demo one on fire they had to jam it, cut some wires and over ride the safety on it, which they explained extremely briefly what they had done in the article :D

Product safety testing
    Watchdog took a brand new Actifry to a product safety testing laboratory to find out what went wrong. With our new Actifry, the lab replicated six month's use, in just three days and everything seemed to work fine. However, when the scientists simulated a fan failure - which they say is one of the most common faults in products like this - the Actifry should have been able to cope just fine, but within seconds it was on fire.

To be fair, if that's what they had to do to simulate a fan failure (which seemed to occur all by itself with some frequency) then I don't see the problem.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport