What is your 5k personal best?

Options
13»

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Not true any more .... my 5k PB is now 19:14.

Not true again ... Its now 19:07 :j:j
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • mrsplinter
    mrsplinter Posts: 143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As of this weekend my 5k PB is 19:32, my first sub 20 minute run. It's been my goal to go under 20 minutes since I started parkrun in 2009. I went from 29:12 to 20:42 within a year, but then got distracted by other distances - ran my first marathon in 2010.

In the winter of 2012/13 I was in good shape. I ran a 19:xx 5k on a treadmill and set my half-marathon PB, but then got injured. Turned 40 last summer and started running regularly again. A couple of weeks ago I ran a new PB (after 5 years) of 20:10 on my local course (which is hilly). This weekend I went to a flatter course and got it done.:rotfl:
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I am still hoping to get sub 30 mins once I stop being injured/post op. Sub 20 is amazing
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • BrookesAndrew
    BrookesAndrew Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, sub 20 is amazing and I would love to run sub 20 this year.
  • Jaguar_Skills
    Jaguar_Skills Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    17:27 was my quickest time back when I used to do triathlons. I never did a 5k without it being part of a triathlon first though so that is after the swim and bike part.
  • sebo0607
    sebo0607 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I am on the right lines but maybe someone can confirm.

I am mid 40s and took up running last year at the moment my PB for a 5k park run is 21.50 this was set last week. I run twice a week a long 10k which I run in around 51 mins and then a shorter 8km. Does this should reasonable.

My son 13 is very active and plays most sports he has run the park run with me a couple of times and his PB is 17.30 which I think is very good for a 13 year old. Again does this seam reasonable.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sebo0607 wrote: »
    I think I am on the right lines but maybe someone can confirm.

I am mid 40s and took up running last year at the moment my PB for a 5k park run is 21.50 this was set last week. I run twice a week a long 10k which I run in around 51 mins and then a shorter 8km. Does this should reasonable.

My son 13 is very active and plays most sports he has run the park run with me a couple of times and his PB is 17.30 which I think is very good for a 13 year old. Again does this seam reasonable.

Thanks
    they are seriously impressive times. I would be extremely proud if I could achieve anywhere near that.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Managed to get the sub 40 10k at the weekend by running 39:00
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    congratulations!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure