Bank admit I was misold but money ever taken for fees

Options
Hello

I submitted a claim for a misold bank account.

Lloyds agree the bank misold the account to me and upheld my complaint. However for whatever reason the bank never took association charges for the miss sold account. I held this account since 2001 unbeknowns to me.

Anyhow the bank are saying as they never charged me for the misold bank account I am not due anything...(which technically is correct) however I feel like I was hoodwinked and the account changed without my full knowledge.

Do you think I should persue with the fca for some kind of goodwill payment?

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

I submitted a claim for a misold bank account.

Lloyds agree the bank misold the account to me and upheld my complaint. However for whatever reason the bank never took association charges for the miss sold account. I held this account since 2001 unbeknowns to me.

Anyhow the bank are saying as they never charged me for the misold bank account I am not due anything...(which technically is correct) however I feel like I was hoodwinked and the account changed without my full knowledge.

Do you think I should persue with the fca for some kind of goodwill payment?
    Ask Lloyds for the £20 you're likely to get if you refer to the FOS.

The FCA don't handle complaints.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When I was a kid, say, 7 or 8 years old, my mum used to give me two bob (10p for you youngsters) pocket money. All good so far but here's the rub: she MADE me save a tanner(2.5p) of it in my money box. Now I had no choice in this matter, this savings account was forced upon me. When I needed something, like some marbles or a dead cat, she would occasionally allow me to withdraw some cash from the money box. Of course, most of these things either broke or got lost. Should she have foreseen this and offered advice on the matter?
    Does anyone think I have a case for compensation? She gets a fairly good pension and she hardly spends any of it anyway.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl:

Very good. Compensation for being "missold" a free bank account. Next we'll have someone wanting to sue Facebook because they signed up and then realised they didn't have any friends.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Don't know what 'association charges' are but if you have never paid them how can you claim them back?
    I cannot believe that your account was changed to a fee paying account without your 'full' knowledge.
    What do you mean by this exactly? That the account was changed with your partial knowledge?
  • moneysavvy35
    Options
    i take it that's a no then....:):)
  • moneysavvy35
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Don't know what 'association charges' are but if you have never paid them how can you claim them back?
    I cannot believe that your account was changed to a fee paying account without your 'full' knowledge.
    What do you mean by this exactly? That the account was changed with your partial knowledge?

Sorry let me explain even though I got know not to waste my time trying to get a lil change from the bank........I never knew I had the account - the banker at the time told me I would need to go for this one to access a loan...I never agreed to this and I never did take out a loan.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 9:23PM
    Options
    Has society really come to this?
  • moneysavvy35
    Options
    Has society really come to this?

Not generally speaking. I just wondered is all....
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always best to check you've paid for something before trying to claim it back saying you were missold. Dur.
  • Chalkius
    Chalkius Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    You can take it to the FOS but I don't see what your claim is for, you were missold something yet, but you were never charged for it....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure