I WILL get there!!

Comments

• That sounds like a fabulous conversation, and so lovely to read that you're both singing from the same sheet as well. :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    It sounds like you worked through a lot..great to hear Kirsty. I must say you sound like you'd be a fabulous mother.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Really glad that you've thought it over and you've had a chat about it. It's really hard stuff so you don't face it and no one talks to you about it. Plus you feel guilty because it's your fault and your issue. I do feel guilty still and don't stop hubby living the same life as before (which everyone says I should) as I feel like if it wasn't for my endo he wouldn't have had them. This is of course utter rubbish - I've always wanted babies and he adores me and would have said yes regardless.
    The debt is coming down, I've read a brilliant countdown to maternity diary. You can keep this up whatever comes your way. Or even waiting and clearing it first.
    8 weeks and you can't get in your spare bed? Who gives a? That's normal and fine. You have painted and got things fixed you are so ahead!
    Hope work was alright xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Thanks ccl, I'm happy we are on the right track! and thank you so much Bob, what a lovely thing to say - made me tear up (in a good way of course)

I agree Kitten, best to get it talked through so we both know where we stand! I'm aiming to be sub £13k by Christmas (although my biggest 0% BT ends in June so interest will be accuring, much to my disgust!) so if I focus on how much it's going down by, I can start to plan seriously about when to start trying....eeeek!

I do agree about how we have got places decorated and buts done around the house but the spare bedroom is playing on my mind - OHs parents have called us to ask if we'd mind them coming to visit, but they don't know when so although I know we will get some warning due to the length of the plane journey (it took us 44 hours to get from Birmingham to Auckland with flight delays :eek:) but I don't want to be massively panicking about getting it habitable for them within a few days...and I have to have an unpacked room for them to stay in, after all without them we wouldn't have a house :rotfl:

Work wasn't too bad, I only did 4 hours which is less than I needed to do but I sort of lost the will and came home to get in the bath as mu tummy was really playing up. Currently lying on the sofa with 3 hot water bottles strategically placed trying my hardest to resist the lure of the tramadol :o
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    That sounds horrible Kirsty pain wise. Do you have to do much today?

• Hi Kirsty

I have just read your diary from start to finish and am mega impressed with what you have achieved :T.

I have not yet created my own DFD but am taking great tips from those like yours that I am reading. Don't think I am ready to put it all down in writing yet (:eek:) but know when I am that there are so many great people on these forums to provide great advice and encouragement.

I have subscribed and will continue to watch your success!
  • kirtsypoos
    Hi Bob, I've scrubbed the house from top to bottom while OH has washed, polished and waxed the car so we have been very productive. As a treat we then looked at holidays we can probably never afford for an hour before searching for actual holidays for us :rotfl:
    I didn't get much sleep but my tummy hasn't been too bad today, luckily as it would have driven me mad to have a house that didn't smell of bleach on a Sunday!

Hi nowsthetime, and welcome to my ramblings! It took me a good while before I was ready to have it all written down in black and white, but I haven't looked back since! There are so many amazing and supportive people on this forum, I don't know where I'd have been without the encouragement!
    When you do feel ready to write your DFD, you'll have to let me know and I'll join you. Good luck!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Hi Kirsty, happy new year :) I'm a bit behind with diaries :o

Glad you had a chat with your oh about babies and stuff, it's good to hear you're on the same page.

Wishing you a good week :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • kirtsypoos
    Hi Orange Ena, Happy New Year to you too :) Thank you, I'm glad we had the chat (although it was nerve wracking to bring it up!) you have a good week too.

Got a massively busy week at work, one of the admin staff had a bereavement yesterday and has said she won't be in for a few days. I'm trying to persuade her to have the week off if she needs it, but that will be her choice. Either way it's a big workload to keep on top of on my own so probably extra hours and possibly taking work home. These things happen though, and grieving properly is more important than an increased workload for a few days.

Best get started!
  • Bobarella
    I'm in the same boat on the holiday front. I desperately want and need one. It's been at least 4 years since I had a proper holiday and I often work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. But I don't want to do anything to jeopardise the DFD. So we are going to do something but it won't be fancy. I've been joking with my husband that I'm going to book us into the travel lodge that they recently completed on Lewisham roundabout ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport