PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

1997998999100010011003»

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Popperwell wrote: »
    Speaking of two appropriate stores...weather and grass cutting...

Th video has a quick shot of water running down the street in Barnard Castle...the other story this company runs housing across a large part of the North East throughout Durham County...

I hadn't seen today's Echo, I know Cllr. Bill B. well of old and got quite a start to see his pic (again..)
    When we were singing from the same hymn sheet, he helped me quite a bit with a problem I had, but he has moved on since. I'll leave it there.

Ark not needed yet, thankfully. A quiet day in sorting out problems for students. Not much else to report on the tough front. Hugs to those needing.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    I hadn't seen today's Echo, I know Cllr. Bill B. well of old and got quite a start to see his pic (again..)
    When we were singing from the same hymn sheet, he helped me quite a bit with a problem I had, but he has moved on since. I'll leave it there.

Ark not needed yet, thankfully. A quiet day in sorting out problems for students. Not much else to report on the tough front. Hugs to those needing.

I guess that you know this area pretty well;)

I'm glad you've had a quieter time and its probably better that it has been uneventful...

Lets hope we finally get a rest from all this rain...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    kidcat wrote: »
    Fuddle - how old is your DD? my DD has a pair of yellow leggings that she inherited from DD17 but refuses to wear, I can have a look at sizing if you like?

That's so kind of you to offer. My DD is 3 and tiny for her age so I don't think they would come close. Thanks though, really kind. DH thinks she's going to look stupid in something I've made so have to do a good job to prove him wrong :D
    Byatt wrote: »
    We're on red alert weather wise down here :(

Gawd Byatt, it was bad enough on amber alert here. Stay safe :A
    Coo! That footage brought back memories. I lived in Barney when I was a young teenager and hated it because there was naff-all to do. I'd love to live there now, or somewhere like over in Middleton-in-Teesdale.

Anywhere over there is gorgeous, I agree. The last bought of sunshine we had we went to high force and sat on the rocks at the bottom. I would love to live in a more rural area but I guess the costs involved just living away from amenities would be substantial. I know it was made up but I would love to watch The Good Life again, now I'm older and more in tune with what they were trying to achieve.

Pops the name on Livin' was a poor choice in my opinion. It suggests a certain childishness and doesn't instil much professionalism. When I first saw the vans with the pink on them I wondered what on earth possessed them :eek:

I can't sleep. I woke feeling really guilty about buying some Christmas presents that were'n budgetted for - a candle for MIL and a bath book for my niece. Free delivery from Amazon and £8 for both but still, add that to the £5 spent on the yellow fabric and I also bought some knickers, vests, socks, tracksuit bottoms and school pe shorts for my DD's from Asda online yesterday. I've spent far too much that wasn't accounted for. Non of it a waste of money and all sensible buys/needed but can't switch off from it really.

DH brought drill home from work so he can put our old rail and curtains up in the dining room... so pleased because the dog is grumbling at his reflection right now :cool: Looking forward to a cosy winter in his house and not fleeces duct taped to window :o To think it's all been sat in the cupboard for 3 years till we decorated makes me feel so lazy.

Anyway, I'm alright. Going to make the kids a nice pan of rice pudding for breakfast later with a nice swirl of jam.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    As this thread has become quite long, fuddle contacted me with a view to starting a new one.

Now that the new thread has been opened I'm going to close this one and ask all regular and new posters to post into the new thread.

You can find it here:

make do and mend as things get an awful lot tougher

Good luck to everyone who is having difficulties in these tough times.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport