what are the best things to sell on ebay?

Hi guys, I do ebay sometimes, and just wondering what sort of things to sell to make a good profit, I go to alot of carboots and jumble sales,I would appreciate any advice and tips as I desperately need to make some cash thanks:beer:

Comments

• What do you have? :p
  • FloFlo wrote: »
    Well worn shoes go well.

Do not know if that was sarcasm or not, but on occasions I have actually got more money for a well worn pair of Vans (e.g) than a non worn pair of shoes :p
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Why don't you make notes at the carboot sales or charity shops to remind you of what type of items are for sale, and how much, then check the current prices on eBay to see if there is enough margin in it to make it worthwhile for you.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi guys, I do ebay sometimes, and just wondering what sort of things to sell to make a good profit, I go to alot of carboots and jumble sales,I would appreciate any advice and tips as I desperately need to make some cash thanks:beer:

People make less money by giving away their selling secrets and suppliers. It's a rather impertinent question to ask as people have worked long and hard to make their selling profitable, so do not expect any magic answers to be revealed.

Consider asking for general selling advice or help, rather than asking to be handed it all on a plate. You are much more likely to receive a favourable and constructive response.

A constructive response may be along the lines of "Why don't you make notes at the carboot sales or charity shops to remind you of what type of items are for sale, and how much, then check the current prices on eBay to see if there is enough margin in it to make it worthwhile for you." ;) :cool:
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    You need to sell something that you know about. A friend of mine makes a fair bit of cash buying old consoles at boot sales and selling them on ebay, but this relies on the fact that he knows exactly what something's worth and therefore whether it's worth buying or not. You can make money on any type of item with ebay, as long as you know you're buying it cheap enough to be able to make money.
  • You have to build your experience and you will probably make some mistakes. I buy books mostly - self-help books sell well. I always check the 'completed listings' and if something hasn't sold before then I don't bother listing it. Some things I have sold are Slimming World books, children's dance items, any good labelled clothes such as Per Una, Next etc.

I would do some searches on items you can think of to see what they sell for. Good luck.
  • Kerilinann wrote: »
    Do not know if that was sarcasm or not, but on occasions I have actually got more money for a well worn pair of Vans (e.g) than a non worn pair of shoes :p

FloFlos comment was not sarcastic. Well worn whoes sell for more than the actual price of the new shoe most often.... You get some wierd shoe collecters.. they prefer it if your shoes are extra smelly too :eek:
    I :heart::coffee:
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    FloFlos comment was not sarcastic. Well worn whoes sell for more than the actual price of the new shoe most often.... You get some wierd shoe collecters.. they prefer it if your shoes are extra smelly too :eek:

They also seem to like it if you say you are an air hostess - men! They'll believe anything:rotfl:

I've never actually had the guts to sell any - too weird. I did get asked to wear some brand new thongs I was selling and send them unlaundered:eek: .
  • the well-worn shoes thread
    I find vintage leather bags can sometimes be found cheaply at jumble/ car boot sales and sold for a good profit on ebay.
  • rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    I once managed to get a selection of different
    styles of wedding shoes,the type that are
    made in satin material,a few of them were
    in leather all were either white or cream
    .I paid £3/£4 a pair in various sizes from
    a shop that was closing down.
    sold the lot on ebay for
    really good prices.Lots of interest from
    bidders in France,Germany etc.It seems
    these shoes are really expensive overseas.
    Even got a few pairs from Charity shops
    secondhand and they sold for around £11/£15
    a pair.I thought I would never sell the size 3 and 4
    in these and the ones that were size 8,but they
    all went
    :j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income