Generous responses to complaints.

Comments

• gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    The Money Saving Arms or Discussion Time...way down below..at the very bottom. DT can be hard and fast and is only viewable when signed in..I do however think you'll enjoy it there!
  • Eejay
    Eejay Posts: 333 Forumite
    I shall have a look, thanks :)
  • Eejay, you need to get a life.
    "Always fulfil your needs, only fulfil your wants when your needs are no longer a concern" - citricsquid
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    My wife had bought for her a three year old Clio. After a year it kept cutting out and we spent a lot on garage fees trialing different solutions to no avail

Over the following two years I kept on and on complaining. Three customer service managers came and went and the last one authorised a new wiring loom which cured the problem. Saved £2500.

You just have to be persistent if you know you are right
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Smithers37 wrote: »
    Eejay, you need to get a life.

...and yours based on your life on MSE is?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I rarely complain, i certainly don't do it to get free stuff. Probably because i understand that whilst people like to complain about nothing to get free stuff, its the staff who get screwed over. Fair enough if there is a genuine reason but a lot do it to get something for nothing.
  • I e-mailed KFC to advise that I had found my local KFC filthy on two consecutive visits. They replied, apologised and hoped I'd give them another chance. TBH I hadn't contacted them looking for any freebies. KFC IS our family favourite and I was genuinely disgusted at how dirty the restaurant was. As I said their response was very polite but there was no real concern in it. Consequently we have not returned. I am taking my family, my money and my custom to a CLEAN restaurant.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    I'm not so sure it's lack of a life.....it sounds like a bit of an odd hobby
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    The OP sounds a right bundle of laughs.
  • Hope non of this is impacting on staff. In my job if a complaint against you is uphold we are penalised 2.5% of our salary for 12 months so in my case an upheld complaint costs me £55 a month for 12 months
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure