school exam invigilator anyone??

Options

Comments

• Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Options
    Yep - people who can come it at short notice (without moaning, lol!) are gold!
    [
  • rls1973
    rls1973 Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer::D

thanks for the tips yesterday guys....i got it! :j

if it's any help to anyone else, the main questions were:

(nothing too awful and nothing out of the ordinary)

what do you think this job involves?
    (supervising students, giving out and collecting papers, crowd control)

what qualities and/or experience do you have to bring to this job?
    (experience with children, admin experience, attention to detail, ability to be flexible)

what do you think are the main points for good communication?
    (openness, honesty, stating clearly what you are saying/asking, and actually listening carefully to the answer)

why did you choose to apply for this particular post?
    (I would like to work in a school environment, to see what it's like. I like the flexibility and am not looking for full time work due to other commitments)

tell us about your work/education history
    (we went through what i had written on the application form)

(Thankfully not the dreaded 'what are your weaknesses?')

There was also a tour round the premises, then a set task which took 15 minutes, where we had to sort some student's details into order going by exam number and then candidate number.

Hope this helps someone else :)
  • Wings_of_Ambition
    Options
    Well done! V useful post there too, for others who may be facing an interview. Hope you thoroughly enjoy the work :)
  • MediSin
    MediSin Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Depending on the local authority they may still get their own, I had 2 current CRBs and they still wanted another and it expires every 6 months if I don't work - strange but true.
    :)

It doesn't actually expire every 6 months - technically it's not 'portable', as all it tells them is that you had no convictions that would prevent you from working with children, at the time of your CRB check. You could have been convicted a week later though so really a CRB check performed for another job is absolutely meaningless.

Some places will make you get a new CRB check, which is the proper procedure, but it costs them money, so a lot of places will just check your last CRB. In this case, they are supposed to look at your copy of the certificate and verify your identity (photo ID and proof of address), then use the details from your form to confirm with the body that originally applied for the check that they didn't receive 'additional information' that's not on your copy (e.g. if you were under surveillance). If they don't check all this, they obviously have no concerns about the welfare of the children in their care and you shouldn't send your kids to school there!

By the way, why exactly do we have to take the labels off water bottles in exams? I've never had an exam question about the chemical constituents of Evian... :rotfl:
  • Bennifred
    Options
    MediSin wrote: »
    :)

By the way, why exactly do we have to take the labels off water bottles in exams? I've never had an exam question about the chemical constituents of Evian... :rotfl:

It's because the candidate may have written something on the label - saves having to check every bottle brought in.
    [
  • MediSin
    MediSin Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    That's pointlessly paranoid!
  • Bennifred
    Options
    MediSin wrote: »
    That's pointlessly paranoid!

That's the exam boards for you!:p
    [
  • Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHWbYISRL5Q

a quick search reveals why they do this.

Pitty I did not find this thread before all the exams have been...
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I've just called my son's school as they were asking for invigilators on his school newsletter. Found out our LA pays £8.32 an hour and I already work next door in the primary school after school club so hopefully I will have a bit of extra work in addition to the 2 part time jobs I have already!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • creaker
    creaker Posts: 356 Forumite
    Options
    how do you find out who is hiring for invigilators?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure