Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• MaShadow
    MaShadow Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    just got this inregards to the new faceplate i got on our box
    Thanks for confirming this; as the faceplate has been updated, please when logging a posting there confirm the last collection time from this box as 09:00/07:00.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    MaShadow wrote: »
    the whole sign on postbox has changed on our box now as well...

RM is running a process of the plates being replaced nationally.
  • MaShadow
    MaShadow Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    at least the new plates are easier to read then the stickers
  • I'm confused (or maybe I haven't read the instructions properly) Does this mean that we have to post an item the day before? If it was due to be posted on say Tuesday, would we need to post it after the Last Collection time on Monday, because I couldn't get there before 9am Tuesday??
  • heatherks
    heatherks Posts: 854 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2014 at 1:25PM
    i think you still have to post on day on schedule

BUT wher the last post collection used to be in our area between 4pm and 6pm

it will now mean the post office last collection will be anytime between late afternoon and early next morning ... looks like the royal mail workers might be going on nightshift and 1st class post will be a day late
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,103 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    according to this
    http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/postboxes-faqs

Why has the collection time for my postbox been changed?

There has been a significant fall in the number of items posted in postboxes, leaving many now not covering their costs. Rather than decommission uneconomic ones, we’re improving the cost effectiveness of collections. Emptying these low-use boxes on delivery enables us to be much more efficient going forward.

Why is the collection time from my local postbox now so early?

Because of the need to improve the efficiency of our collections and maintain collections from postboxes, your local box is now collected by our postmen and women whilst out on delivery. This means the box will be cleared earlier in the day. There will be no change to the ultimate delivery of the items you post, they will go through our system in exactly the same way. There should be a later collection from another nearby box, typically in the late afternoon.

Why's my box being cleared earlier and not the one down the road?

Not all postbox collection times are changing, the majority will keep a 4pm or later collection time. We’ve carefully considered the distribution of all our postboxes and their accessibility. Our plan is balanced, based on usage and the need for later collections in the area and we believe provides the best mix of earlier and later boxes for all our customers in the area. Your box receives fewer than 50 items a day and is within half a mile of another box which is keeping its later collection time.

The postman on delivery is now emptying my postbox, but a long time after 9am each day

‘Collection on Delivery’ means the postman or woman on delivery is clearing your box on their round, at a time dependent on where the box is located on that route. Typically this could be up until 3pm in urban and suburban areas, but this should never be earlier than 9am. As is the case now, the indicator tab on the postbox will show if the collection has been made.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,103 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Hi all :)

Quick question. You know these gold smarts which if you find one then you win £100? Now I know this will sound daft, but what exactly do they look like? Gold I know obviously! But, are they totally different to the normal ones?

It's just that the majority of the ones I receive are white, but now and again I get some that are sort of gold in colour (more copper really?), but I've got a feeling they aren't one of the winning golden smarts! Or else, I'd have won it about 4 times by now! Also, don't they just come in the cubes and not the Jiffy bags/envelopes?

Just want to make sure before I pass it on or send it back!

From the news page on the website

Each week a panellist will be randomly selected from our active panel. An item will be sent to that panellist containing a gold envelope, inside of which will be a SMART and a message saying CONGRATULATIONS!

If you are the lucky recipient of the Golden SMART, please do the following:

Email our Helpline with the words 'GOLDEN SMART' and your panellist ID in the subject of the email, e.g. 'GOLDEN SMART Panellist ID12345'
    Place the SMART back into its gold-coloured envelope and post it back to us inside a Freepost SMART Return Envelope.

Upon receipt of the email and the Golden SMART, we will post £100 high street vouchers to you.

Please note that you will not have to enter the receipt information of the Golden SMART item online, but we would like the SMART back all the same.
  • CBU2004
    CBU2004 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Hello, is this a postmark?

eng_first_26x93.jpg
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CBU2004 wrote: »
    Hello, is this a postmark?

eng_first_26x93.jpg

No, that is not a post mark.

If you are entering received items, the TNS website illustrates what count as postmarks. What you have illustrated are known as Royal Mail Indicia.

(Postmarks are cancellation marks made during RM processing and are supposed to include the date.)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    molerat wrote: »
    Maybe that is because I have 4 associated and 9 listed as ready for use with nothing to put them in - I did have to send 1 back on Friday though :o
    They have asked for 3 back today which leaves me 5 ready for use with 2 items for wk com 15 Dec to be associated (when they appear on line) so now down to 3 spare.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure