Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    wow, please let me be ~~ you are nearly at three stone :grin: :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • After what i've eaten this week beanie it'll all be back on!! And that's before my Hard Rock Cafe visit tomorrow :eek: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    After what i've eaten this week beanie it'll all be back on!! And that's before my Hard Rock Cafe visit tomorrow :eek: Xx

No it wont.
    Enjoy Hard Rock :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• good you got to see the baby ;)

that is fab.

sell the van and have some fun. I think focus on the idea that it is a drain on cash and limiting what you guys can do - like visit people!

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Chardonnay
    Chardonnay Posts: 766
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lovely that you got to see the baby at last SA! Great that you'll get to see her more often now too! :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,030
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello all - Monday again!

Had a very busy weekend. Unfortunately spent too much but on things we really need for the house. Our toaster is on its last legs and we spotted one in the Debenhams sale reduced from £60 to £24 so we decided to buy it. The next item was a bit more expensive - we've been looking for a small table and chairs for ages now but they are either all too big or too expensive. Spotted just what we wanted in the British Heart Foundation shop window - brand new - £129 for a table and 4 chairs. Thought about it for a while and then went back and bought it. Had to pay £20 delivery but still good value I think.

Typical yesterday, we either get no one round or everyone. We were out when we got two phone calls, one from SIL wanting to come round and the other from DS. So yesterday afternoon we had a garden full with DS, his partner and of course the new baby plus SIL and her hubby plus their dog! It was lovely to see grandaughter again so soon after the first time and SIL was dying to see her.

Weighed myself at the weekend and you don't even want to go down that route. Shock! Now need to lose 11lbs to get back to goal weight! Started diet today. Might re-join WW - see if there's a local meeting I can go to after work. Was going to come up with a meal plan yesterday but visitors didn't go until late and I had lost the plot by then. Still going to follow the Top Sante plan but need to come up with a meal plan too. Have got an app for the 5:2 diet, it looks do-able for only 2 days a week, there are some nice recipes but which fairly filling. Could possibly do the fast days on Mondays and Wednesdays. Mmm... Exercise wise I usually do on average 16000 steps a day but need to add 3 exercise sessions on top of this. Tuesdays I usually do Zumba after work so will fish out my exercise DVDs and aim for Thursdays and Saturdays for doing these.

Could do with a willpower transplant!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £218.29/£600 March NSD:3 March Surveys £
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    phew..am exhausted just reading abut your plans! :)

All sounds good though so do try and do more exercise..am sure the endorphins will help you feel in good shape...and of course that final comment applies just as much to me as you :o
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    PS. Sorry about doubleposting..it now wont let me delete the copy! Nuts.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Chardonnay
    Chardonnay Posts: 766
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pleased you got to see your lovely grand-daughter again so quickly SA! :)

Know what you mean about the shock with weigh-in. I'm the same and started online WW again yesterday. I'm also planning to do at least 20 minutes of exercise a day, even if that's just a brisk walk.

I've tried losing weight doing my own thing in the past but nothing ever works like following a proper plan like WW for me. The 5-2 one sounds interesting. Have heard a lot about that. I'd personally find the two fast days really hard though!

The hot weather make exercising hard work! You already do lots of exercise by the sounds of it though...good luck! :)
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Weight is a never ending battle for me :(
    Glad you saw your DGD again so soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure