Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Comments

• moneylover
    moneylover Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    deanh22 wrote: »
    Medium size foldaway
    The medium size foldaway has a Linear Length of 115cms (55 x 40 x 20) and weighs less than 875g. This piece is also suitable for all the major airlines but particular Easyjet and Ryanair who set this exact size. Capacity 44 litres. £20

http://www.flylite.uk.com/bag_products.aspx

I bought one of these, its great but only if you dont put too much in it so it bulges out in all directions!

I have posted on here once before asking if anyone who has the Argos bag has put it in the luggage holder- its such a tiny bit too high that I expect it would be alright as I cannot believe the holder is utterly exact - I just thought I would ask again if anyone has?
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Me & my sis are flying ryanair next week to Germany, i have a Tripp cabin case, my sis has bought one of the small ones from Argos but the wheels & handle make it way over.
    I`ve just printed off our boarding cards & it states that the luggage has to go under the seat in front of you.Will the cabin cases fit there? stupis question i know, but we panicking in case we told we can`t take them onboard lol
  • creased-leach
    creased-leach Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    If you're able to carry 10k, I'd be inclined to lop off the wheels & handles to give a bag a smaller profile, and save precious weight.
    Only dead fish go with the flow...
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    They now do (often) enforce the ONE item of hand luggage rule so be warned. Your bag must take all of your luggage,
    hand bag, laptop, camera etc etc. Saw two people denied boarding to Ork-Stn flight because small shoulder bags would not fit into their carry on bag.
  • Mardrew
    Mardrew Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    deanh22 wrote: »
    Medium size foldaway
    The medium size foldaway has a Linear Length of 115cms (55 x 40 x 20) and weighs less than 875g. This piece is also suitable for all the major airlines but particular Easyjet and Ryanair who set this exact size. Capacity 44 litres. £20

http://www.flylite.uk.com/bag_products.aspx

We, too, bought this bag and the smaller one (45 x 35 x 16) to use on our recent 3-night trip away using Jet2. (Jet2's cabin measurements are smaller than Easyjet's and we weren't sure how stringent they would be. Nobody mentioned checking the bag size although when we first went to security the guy mentioned that I would have to put my handbag inside my other bag as only one item of hand luggage was allowed. I did this but I honestly don't think I needed to have bothered as, once we were through security we saw loads of people with more than one bag.)

We were really impressed with the bags. Even the smaller one seemed to hold loads and both bags had plenty of room left once we had packed everything we needed. I suppose the only downside is that you have to carry the bags.

I've noticed that they also do a cabin trolley holdall with wheels. Has anyone used one of these?
  • Just bought an American Tourister from TKmaxx. They are made by samsonite. Its a hard case and was £24.00 but now I'm worried that the handle & wheels make it too big.
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 May 2009 at 11:02AM
    The Tripp cabin case i`ve got is 48 x 32 x 18 so i`m thinking it should be fine .

http://www.tripp.co.uk/products/black-express-cabin-suitcase/333/

like this one but mines got a flowered pattern.I bought it from either Debenhams or BHS in the sale for £16 a couple of yrs ago.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,433 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    J_B wrote: »
    We bought one of these
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/2861962.htm
    from Argos earlier in the week
    It was 56cm tall, but we thought we'd 'risk it'
    As they only had one in stock, we had to go back again today to get another.
    Beggar me - they're slightly different!! :rolleyes:
    On the original one, the top handle protrudes by about 1cm whereas on the later one, the handle retracts fully flush!
    We're on a BMI flight in the morning, I'll report back!

Well, at Birmingham they were checking ALL the bags at the gate BUT only the depth and width, so our 56cm didn't matter.
    They didn't weigh anyone's bag as far as I could see.
    On the return, from Nice, there was no measuring done at all, but as it was Wednesday lunchtime maybe nobody was bothered??
  • z1985m
    z1985m Posts: 231 Forumite
    My daughter has a trunki, measured it and it is within the limits. she'll be 4 when we fly. she is allowed luggage too... isnt she? just making sure!
    We don't have luggage for our selfs yet. ill be trolling round all the shops with my tape measure soon!
  • Louise22
    Louise22 Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    I have flew with Ryanair quite a bit, and some of the hand luggage I have seen getting taken onto their planes has been just as big as much suitcase - no joke. In my experience, they have never weighed the hand luggage or measured it.

I was honestly shocked at the sizes some people were taking on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure