Barclaycard AP removal [successful]

Comments

• ey_137
    ey_137 Posts: 48 Forumite
    SimonSays wrote: »
    Why?

So the customer comes into an arrangement to pay (AP) and Barclaycard record it correctly

I bet you'd say that you were good customers.

Thank you all for the prompt and helpful replies, i for one am not trying to get out of paying my debts.... Creditors are quick enough to mark our credit files when we overlook paying a debt a day late or those that have had marriage breakdowns etc.. I am not trying to shift my financial problem onto anyone I just feel personally that the relationship should work both ways.
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    The new ICO guidelines do not say about arrangements lasting six months , which is why the ICO rejected it and told me to take it FOS as a unfair agreement
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Just a quick update; Capital One have written back to me stating the AP markers should have dropped off my credit file by now.

My £2 Statutory Report with Equifax shows otherwise; sending a letter to them again today.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • dini_2
    dini_2 Posts: 193
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    So About a month ago I wrote to the creditors that defaulted me a few yrs after my DMP started ( Capital One, Argos. Next and MBNA.) Requesting that they look at my account and as I thought it had been unfairly marked. ie defaults should have dropped off last year.
    Well, Capital One default has dropped off my file, as promised..
    And today I received a letter from DLC saying that the entries related to Hillesden Securities (formerley Argos) have been removed from my file. (Would be on for another 2 years if left, but should have defaulted in June 2007)
    I also received a letter from MNBA saying that they need a further 4 weeks to look at my complaint. ( I wrote to both MBNA and Moorgate (who now have my MBNA account- Moorgate said no, report is a true record.)
    The account never defaulted, they have been reporting AP for years.
    No response from Next, which appears to be par for the course.
    Next will drop off in April 2015 anyway so it wont be too much of a pain. But Moorgate/MBNA will haunt me until 2022. (Will have finished DMP in 2016, and AP will then drop off after 6 yrs.)
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016:T
  • dumpyboy
    Mbna are the worst to deal with they will mark me for 23 years the ICO do not want to know have compliant with FOS waiting an out come good luck
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    dini wrote: »
    So About a month ago I wrote to the creditors that defaulted me a few yrs after my DMP started ( Capital One, Argos. Next and MBNA.) Requesting that they look at my account and as I thought it had been unfairly marked. ie defaults should have dropped off last year.
    Well, Capital One default has dropped off my file, as promised..
    And today I received a letter from DLC saying that the entries related to Hillesden Securities (formerley Argos) have been removed from my file. (Would be on for another 2 years if left, but should have defaulted in June 2007)
    I also received a letter from MNBA saying that they need a further 4 weeks to look at my complaint. ( I wrote to both MBNA and Moorgate (who now have my MBNA account- Moorgate said no, report is a true record.)
    The account never defaulted, they have been reporting AP for years.
    No response from Next, which appears to be par for the course.
    Next will drop off in April 2015 anyway so it wont be too much of a pain. But Moorgate/MBNA will haunt me until 2022. (Will have finished DMP in 2016, and AP will then drop off after 6 yrs.)

That's ridiculous.

Send to FOS. Nothing to lose.
    :beer:
  • SAINTDP
    SAINTDP Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hello, In new but a long time lurker lol

I have a payment agreement with MBNA too, by the sounds of it they just try to fob people off.

Sent a letter like above asking for my AP marks to be removed (3 years worth) 1st reply letter asking for more time to investigate, then received another letter at the weekend refusing my request. Apparently the ICO guidelines of 6 months maximum is now out of date so dispute my claim??

Just a question, I am still paying for my debt, do you think its because I still have a balance instead of my debt being clear??
  • dini_2
    dini_2 Posts: 193
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    3yrs worth? I dont know really.
    My issue is debt was sold in 2012 to Moorgate, but I had AR/AP markers on credit report from 2007.
    If they had defaulted me in 2007 like my other creditors, it would have dropped off by now. If it remains AP until completion of DMP, it will stay on credit report for a further 6 yrs, and not come off until 2022. So will have been reported negatively for 15 yrs.
    Mind you it's not being reported on Experian, just the other two.
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016:T
  • dumpyboy
    SAINTDP wrote: »
    Hello, In new but a long time lurker lol

I have a payment agreement with MBNA too, by the sounds of it they just try to fob people off.

Sent a letter like above asking for my AP marks to be removed (3 years worth) 1st reply letter asking for more time to investigate, then received another letter at the weekend refusing my request. Apparently the ICO guidelines of 6 months maximum is now out of date so dispute my claim??

Just a question, I am still paying for my debt, do you think its because I still have a balance instead of my debt being clear??

Had the same thing took it the ICO they rejected my case even thou AR markers will show for 23 years as they said I agreed to the payments ( it was that or court action not much of a chose ) told me to take it toFOS as a un fair agreement waiting the out come
  • malarkey
    malarkey Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dumpyboy wrote: »
    The new ICO guidelines do not say about arrangements lasting six months , which is why the ICO rejected it and told me to take it FOS as a unfair agreement

Surely these new guidelines would not be retrospective? I.e. They can only be applied going forward?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure