IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim form for child

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Maybe a new opening to show the SRA
    the workings of BWLegal

VERY POWERFUL STORY INDEED

and they will care ? they are acting on behalf of napier who do not answer to them

and the BPA , will they act ,,

answers on a postcard please
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • IPC you mean...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 8:52AM
    I'm going to [partly] stand up for Napier on this one.

The issue is being caused by the "race to the bottom" within the legal profession and the techniques here are the same as those being used by legal professionals in PI/accident cases. The difference here is that the amounts involved are a quantum smaller than PI/accident cases so even less work is done on them. They are push-button claims.

It is on record that BW Legal are handling 1mn claims with only 6 supervising solicitors so there would likely have been no human reading the letters or your responses at all. They wait until there is a hearing coming up. So the issue is wholly of BW's making - but again the court process (CPR rules) puts the onus on the Claimant to supervise the process - letting solicitors like BW, SCS and Gladstones off the hook.

So if Napier is to be criticised, it is in blindly allowing BW access to their paperwork without checking. But the issue is BW and their lack of scrutiny here.

Perhaps the SRA might look at it as the IPC wont. Hurley was prosecuted for PCOJ so he won't be too worried about something less than that.
  • flothy
    flothy Posts: 32 Forumite
    I'm going to [partly] stand up for Napier on this one.

The issue is being caused by the "race to the bottom" within the legal profession and the techniques here are the same as those being used by legal professionals in PI/accident cases. The difference here is that the amounts involved are a quantum smaller than PI/accident cases so even less work is done on them. They are push-button claims.

It is on record that BW Legal are handling 1mn claims with only 6 supervising solicitors so there would likely have been no human reading the letters or your responses at all. They wait until there is a hearing coming up. So the issue is wholly of BW's making - but again the court process (CPR rules) puts the onus on the Claimant to supervise the process - letting solicitors like BW, SCS and Gladstones off the hook.

So if Napier is to be criticised, it is in blindly allowing BW access to their paperwork without checking. But the issue is BW and their lack of scrutiny here.

Perhaps the SRA might look at it as the IPC wont. Hurley was prosecuted for PCOJ so he won't be too worried about something less than that.

To some extent I agree with you but taking away the fact it was a child. The car was parked in a disabled bay with a blue badge clearly indicating mobility issues. Napiers parking warden chose to ignore all these facts and still issue a parking 'fine' for going over the time on the ticket. When they were contacted they were really rude and did say they were within their rights to continue to harass a child until the driver was disclosed. The landowner also chose to sit on the fence.
    This was way before they appointed BWLegal to represent them.
  • flothy
    Things have been busy so I have not done anything in regards to what has happened but yesterday I received an email from the courts to say that they had noted my email but the claimant had withdrawn the claim already.

Then today I have received the biggest joke of a letter from Napier with a letter enclosed from BWLegal.

Napier state 'if we had followed their policy this could have been addressed sooner'. The same company that told me unless I disclosed who was driving they were entitled to carry on harassing my child.

BW Legal have sent a standard letter stating 'the decision to discontinue proceedings was not taken lightly by our client as they still believe that the grounds for issuing the Fixed Charge Notice are fully justified, however our client has no appetite on protracting any further litigation activity against an individual who is a minor'

Appetite!!! More like its actually illegal!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Makes them sound like a shark..oh wait!

Send a copy of all that to your own MP, and to Sir Greg Knight, the MP who has put in the latest Parking Bill.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • flothy
    I will def forward them.

I wasn't expecting a full blown apology from Mr De Savery but how low can he stoop!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 January 2018 at 3:33PM
    flothy wrote: »
    Things have been busy so I have not done anything in regards to what has happened but yesterday I received an email from the courts to say that they had noted my email but the claimant had withdrawn the claim already.

Then today I have received the biggest joke of a letter from Napier with a letter enclosed from BWLegal.

Napier state 'if we had followed their policy this could have been addressed sooner'. The same company that told me unless I disclosed who was driving they were entitled to carry on harassing my child.

BW Legal have sent a standard letter stating 'the decision to discontinue proceedings was not taken lightly by our client as they still believe that the grounds for issuing the Fixed Charge Notice are fully justified, however our client has no appetite on protracting any further litigation activity against an individual who is a minor'

Appetite!!! More like its actually illegal!

You are looking at the true mark of a scammer and a
    very sad individual who himself has fallen in the sewers.
    The legal firm has joined him

As C-M says above, your own MP, and to Sir Greg Knight
    Also supporting this bill is Jacob Rees-Mogg MP
    jacob.reesmogg.mp@parliament.uk

You must copy him with this disgusting story.

Contact the Daily Mail and tell your story

This disgusting duo must be exposed

I have added this to the BWLegal thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664
  • flothy
    Another surprise parking ticket has dropped through the post addressed to my child.

This time it is parking eye, apparently my registration plate wasn't put in correctly to a machine at premier inn/brewster fayre. I have spoke to the land owners they have said i need to call parking eye.

Not sure whether to ignore or point out that it is a minor.

Any advise would be appreciated.
  • appeal by crayon?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family