NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone doing an existing customer switch received any kind of communication?

I did it last night at about 7pm (so after the close of banking hours) and got to a confirmation screen, and took a screenshot of it, but have not had any kind of text or e-mail.

No, I think it's early days TBHO.

I applied last night at about 19:00 ;)
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    I really don't want to add to my collection.

Is the card reader same as Ulster bank/Tesco/Nationwide?
    The card devices you use to log in, make payments, etc ate generic. any banks one can be used with any bank.
  • gingercordial
    Options
    blindman wrote: »
    No, I think it's early days TBHO.

I applied last night at about 19:00 ;)

Prime time for getting home from work to be able to dig out the donor account's debit card? For me anyway :rotfl:

I just expected some kind of automated message by text or e-mail, as they are usually quick to send them for new payees etc, but as long as I'm not the only one who hasn't had one I will wait patiently.
  • copperclock
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    If your income is zero how are you going to be able to pay in 1,500 to qualify for the bonus. Also do not be tempted to fabricate the truth. If I were you ring them on their free phone number to get clarification on any points you are not clear on.

Best of luck!

I will pay in £1500 out of our household income.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Has anyone doing an existing customer switch received any kind of communication?

I did it last night at about 7pm (so after the close of banking hours) and got to a confirmation screen, and took a screenshot of it, but have not had any kind of text or e-mail.
    Yes switched OH YB to existing NW account but no email confirmation yet
    Also set up new select NW account for myself and was accepted and got email confirmation but the account not showing when I log in my NW account.
    Guess they are overwhelmed.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received an email to say that the switch has started. Once complete I will pay in the £1500, take it back out again then wait...
  • copperclock
    Options
    blindman wrote: »
    IMHO you should put £190 CB and £0 for the mortgage as it's obviously paid by hubby.

Mrs B applied last night ;) and her income is £500/month (nil mortgage) and was accepted.

IMHO I do not think they care...

Thank you. I might try that. I'm not after any overdraft so that's not a problem.
  • gingercordial
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Yes switched OH YB to existing NW account but no email confirmation yet
    Also set up new select NW account for myself and was accepted and got email confirmation but the account not showing when I log in my NW account.
    Guess they are overwhelmed.

OK great, e-mails for new customers but not for us existing ones then, oh well :p Just pleased to have an offer I can take up easily.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    OK great, e-mails for new customers but not for us existing ones then, oh well :p Just pleased to have an offer I can take up easily.

Just a thought, is there a personal message tab within the accounts page when you are logged into the account?
  • gingercordial
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Just a thought, is there a personal message tab within the accounts page when you are logged into the account?

There is ("Mailbox" down the left hand side on the website version of online banking) but no messages in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure