Calling time on PIP

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,724
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Your choice, you don't know me and you have never met me.
    Of course it said why. I was gobsmacked with the level of the award. I could not in all honesty match the reasons for the award with how I saw myself - if that makes any sense.
    I found out about the report that the DLA people asked my GP to complete when I asked for a copy of my medical file from the GP - a copy was in the pack that he had sent.
    I still have it - dated Nov 2011. Didn't see that there was any relevance in it for the PIP claim as the two benefits are totally different in the same way that Attendance Allowance differs from DLA.
    I'm a pretty good judge of character. With you it is always shifting sands. So you actually did know why they awarded you DLA but you didn't correlate the award to your view of yourself - perhaps you should have reported that to the DWP as they may have made an error.

On the last point... as I said.. evidence may have been helpful in future... you couldn't have known at the time. Of course it may be irrelevant to future claims.. just as your old medical evidence probably was for this failed PIP claim that you decided to submit.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    To tell you the truth I have had it.
    What with the replies that I have been getting, and the opinions that I am facing an almost impossible task in turning over the PIP decision, and the lack of help from any outside welfare rights agency I am closing the book on the PIP claim. I just cannot cope with rejection - it is a personal thing.
    I've been told that I should not claim it if I don't need the money, it was my fault that CAB didn't get back to me in time, my fault that I didn't get a 14 day extension from the DWP when I was offered 7 days and worst still, it's my fault that I am ill which makes me irrational and unable to see things/deal with things.

I just hope that nobody else has to try to cope with what has been thrown at me.

Calm down, you can appeal. Use either the CAB free solicitor, or check in your area for free solicitor (Usually the Law Society). The appeal will be held in a court, so better to be represented.
    Tips x
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Calm down, you can appeal. Use either the CAB free solicitor, or check in your area for free solicitor (Usually the Law Society). The appeal will be held in a court, so better to be represented.
    Tips x

Don't believe a word that comes from rockingbilly posts as he's a perpetual liar and a fraud .
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    Don't believe a word that comes from rockingbilly posts as he's a perpetual liar and a fraud .

Oh dear I always get it wrong.:(
  • Muttleythefrog
    Forumite
    Tips x
    lol.. he'll find some way to announce things have gone horribly wrong... perhaps the Taxi taking him to tribunal will crash into a UFO and the judge will make the error of not believing it.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Just to let you all know that despite some of the most ridiculous comments and statements that have been made I have completed the Attendance Allowance claim form and have just returned from the post office after posting it.
    I am not going ahead with the PIP claim (MR or appeal) as it has been made clear to me that given the circumstances the decision will not change either with the DWP or the Tribunal.
    I don't have any recent evidence of any sort (nothing within the past 6 years) as I rarely see the medical professionals. They have done as much as they can and, in their words, 'I have to try to carry on with my life in the best way possible'.
    I haven't attempted to seek any help with the form as it is clear from past experience that they are far too busy to offer an appointment in the foreseeable future (CAB) that is even if they remember to get back to me.

I have copied the form but again based on previous experience I don't hold out any hope for an award. I would be happy if they just offered me the chance to talk through my problems at a face to face assessment before refusing the claim.

All I am looking for is that the DWP will agree with my medical professionals and myself that my disabilities actually exist. So far the DWP have made me feel that everything is in my imagination which it is not - just one look at my repeat prescription list should confirm my need to rely on medication both for physical and mental health matters.

But then I have to accept that anybody can write anything in order to 'chance' an award. Maybe it would be too much to ask of the DWP that they contact my GP?
    I've done everything that I could possibly do.

I will keep you all informed as the claim progresses.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 12:10PM
    Just to let you all know that despite some of the most ridiculous comments and statements that have been made I have completed the Attendance Allowance claim form and have just returned from the post office after posting it.
    I am not going ahead with the PIP claim (MR or appeal) as it has been made clear to me that given the circumstances the decision will not change either with the DWP or the Tribunal.
    I don't have any recent evidence of any sort (nothing within the past 6 years) as I rarely see the medical professionals. They have done as much as they can and, in their words, 'I have to try to carry on with my life in the best way possible'.
    I haven't attempted to seek any help with the form as it is clear from past experience that they are far too busy to offer an appointment in the foreseeable future (CAB) that is even if they remember to get back to me.

I have copied the form but again based on previous experience I don't hold out any hope for an award. I would be happy if they just offered me the chance to talk through my problems at a face to face assessment before refusing the claim.

All I am looking for is that the DWP will agree with my medical professionals and myself that my disabilities actually exist. So far the DWP have made me feel that everything is in my imagination which it is not - just one look at my repeat prescription list should confirm my need to rely on medication both for physical and mental health matters.

But then I have to accept that anybody can write anything in order to 'chance' an award. Maybe it would be too much to ask of the DWP that they contact my GP?
    I've done everything that I could possibly do.

I must say I have never seen anyone say this... if that is what you have interpreted then there is little people can do. People have indicated you may face some difficulties. My advice would be to pursue a MR and appeal given what you said that was you should qualify for enhanced awards on both components following examination of the descriptors. Without your claim form available to you it is extremely difficult to figure out how difficult your situation is for claim. But I hope you have not inferred from what I have said that you should cease your attempts to get PIP.. my advice is clearly to get in control of the facts of your case. But it is your decision... your choice... you have repeatedly (and again in your post) tried to pass the blame for your claim failures onto others... but don't for a minute think you can now pass the buck to me or other people on this board who have given sound advice despite having to navigate through your deceptions. Good luck with your AA claim.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

Please please don't as I don't think there is anybody interested in what you have to say and post.......

Also no evidence in the past 6 years your not that bad then are you just another fraud trying it on and getting everything they can Because they can.

I suppose the AA claim will be given to the grand children as well.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    Please please don't as I don't think there is anybody interested in what you have to say and post.......

Also no evidence in the past 6 years your not that bad then are you just another fraud trying it on and getting everything they can Because they can.

I suppose the AA claim will be given to the grand children as well.

AA seems harder to get, anyway. For instance the other benefits consider whether you have problems preparing meals, but AA seems to just consider your ability to feed yourself a meal, so hard luck if the preparation is the difficult part.
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 1:55PM
    I must say I have never seen anyone say this... if that is what you have interpreted then there is little people can do. People have indicated you may face some difficulties. My advice would be to pursue a MR and appeal given what you said that was you should qualify for enhanced awards on both components following examination of the descriptors. Without your claim form available to you it is extremely difficult to figure out how difficult your situation is for claim. But I hope you have not inferred from what I have said that you should cease your attempts to get PIP.. my advice is clearly to get in control of the facts of your case. But it is your decision... your choice... you have repeatedly (and again in your post) tried to pass the blame for your claim failures onto others... but don't for a minute think you can now pass the buck to me or other people on this board who have given sound advice despite having to navigate through your deceptions. Good luck with your AA claim.

Saying that I 'may face some difficulties' is quite clearly an understatement. It was made quite clear to me that if I attempted to challenge what was stated on the PIP2 as being the truth and full facts then the difficulties would become unsurmountable. I am not holding anyone on this site to blame. I thank the posters including yourself for telling as it is. I simply could not go through all of that (MR & appeal) on my own which past experience has suggested would be the case together with comments that the CAB or other Welfare Rights organisations are extremely busy. The more I think of what happened, the more I am satisfied that the PIP2 form is itself at the root cause of the situation. Yes I signed it, but in the belief that all was reasonable well. I didn't have the ability to go through the entire completed form. Apart from being unable to read what was written - poor handwriting - I don't have the mental capacity to analyse the statements made in conjunction with the descriptors or case law. If I was able to do that then I would have completed the form myself. I am still waiting for the copy of the PIP2 so cannot be definitive but my gut feeling is that the form and the way it was completed didn't do me any favours.

I have never been deceptive, I am confused beyond belief. Yes I do 'edge' around matters mainly because I don't really understand everything and by diverting attention away from that inability it hides the real problem and makes me feel better that I don't obviously appear stupid.The thought of making myself look a complete idiot in front of a Tribunal if I have to say to them that they should ignore everything written on the PIP2 and instead rely instead on the revised and current version would be too much to cope with..

What I believe I should be entitled to is just that, my opinion. My opinion does not count when the assessor/DWP make their decision. My opinion counts for nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure