'Forced' work from Job Center.

Comments

• Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    t-mids wrote: »
    the lady told me that I have to attend an actual job, which is full time hours for 8 weeks but no pay. She said I have to take this as the government is forcing people to do this.

Incidentally, the Mandatory 'workfare' schemes were abolished 16 months ago, so even if your advisor has been away on maternity or other leave, she has no excuse for not knowing this:

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dwp-scraps-mandatory-work-for-your-benefits-scheme-without-fanfare-a6750041.html
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Quite easy solution to not wanting to be forced to work..........sign off the handout train
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Quite easy solution to not wanting to be forced to work..........sign off the handout train

She says she is happy to work, she just wants the NMW for her labour.

Would you work for £2 an hour? I certainly wouldn't!
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,130
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Quite easy solution to not wanting to be forced to work..........sign off the handout train

If I was out of work I wouldn't bother signing on just for £73 a week. Far easier to live off savings until another job comes along and then you don't have to take part in any of these job centre schemes.
  • She says she is happy to work, she just wants the NMW for her labour.

Would you work for £2 an hour? I certainly wouldn't!

easy solution, get a job. When being paid by the taxpayer, play by the taxpayer rules.
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,288
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    If I was out of work I wouldn't bother signing on just for £73 a week. Far easier to live off savings until another job comes along and then you don't have to take part in any of these job centre schemes.
    If your on JSA you get your NI contributions paid.
    Come on you Irons
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,130
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Zinger549 wrote: »
    If your on JSA you get your NI contributions paid.

I pay more than enough NI, thanks. If necessary I would just make voluntary contributions to fill any gaps.
  • easy solution, get a job. When being paid by the taxpayer, play by the taxpayer rules.

Right, because its that easy...

Especially when there are employers who are more than happy to take her on as free labour for a few months but apparently not willing to actually give her a real job!
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Everyone going on OP living off "free money" and "taxpayers money" - why do you assume OP was not a taxpayer himself/herself for years before?
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    easy solution, get a job. When being paid by the taxpayer, play by the taxpayer rules.

By that logic all council staff should be happy with below NMW too.

Bonkers, of course.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure