[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Comments

• caseyann
    caseyann Posts: 63 Forumite
    This is the one and only time I have used Interflora and I definitely did not give them my credit card details - in fact I don't think I have ever used this credit card before - the only other time I tried to use it in store I couldn't remember my pin so I just "filed it".
  • Dave321_2
    Dave321_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:55PM
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] if you look you will see that they have copy and pasted the exact same email on every thread similar to this one!
  • caseyann
    caseyann Posts: 63 Forumite
    Just to let you all know I have today received a refund of the £8 to my credit card.
  • Dave321_2
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:55PM
    well 29 days now here and nothing., i sent an email to that customerservice@webloyalty.co.uk which appeared on the copy and pasted [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] message from "shopper discounts" a few days ago when i came across it here, and surprise surprise have heard nothing.
    Will be phoning them next week again when i have the time, can't wait to hear their next excuse.
  • Dave321_2
    34 days now, nothing and email was ignored.
  • Apparently it happend on Easy Jet's site. I had no idea I'd done it but I do vaguely remember the £10 discount.

I contacted my Credit Card company. They put the disputes team onto it. I rang SHOPPER DISCOUNTS (didn't press anything - just waited for a representative). They immediately said they'd refund me (3 months) and cancelled the subscription - they did send email confirmation. I'll wait to see what happens in reality.

It's a jungle out there!!
  • samizdat
    samizdat Posts: 398 Forumite
    cantaymus wrote: »
    Here is a reply from CT Shirts (Charles Tyrwhitt).

The Charles Tyrwhitt website trialled a link with the company called
    Shopper Discounts and Rewards, which appeared in the form of a pop up on
    the website promoting a £10 discount off your next order at Charles
    Tyrwhitt. This pop up was through the company Shoppers Discounts and
    Rewards, however this partnership with that company was ceased as we did
    not believe the offer was as clear as it should have been, coupled with
    complaints from our customers.

Please be assured that Charles Tyrwhitt would never allow your credit card
    details to be passed onto a third party, no matter if we were in
    partnership with the company or obviously not if we had never encountered
    them before. My feeling is you may have signed up because of the promotion,
    without realising that you were signing up with the company Shoppers
    Discounts and Rewards. If this is not the case then I advise you to claim
    back any unlawful debits they have made from your account, however if this
    is the case then i find it extremely curious at how they arrived at your
    personal details.

I really must apologise for the inconvenience caused and I really do hope
    we can be of service again in the future.

I hope I have cleared up the issue for you.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Irfan Dadabhai"

In spite of Charles Tyrwhitt's protestations here that their partnership with Shopper Discounts & Rewards "was ceased", I can confirm that they continue to post links for a £10 cashback voucher that lead to Shopper Discounts. I came to MSE to check out this organisation and therefore did not sign up so it will be interesting to see if my credit card is charged. How long from purchase does it take - 30 days? I almost want it to happen just so that I can go after Charles Tyrwhitt with a demonstrable loss.
  • I booked a hotel room through expedia .co.uk and got a good deal on a cardiff hotel. I had a great time too.

To my horror, two months after checking credit card statement I saw that I had been paying £8.00 a month to SD. How had I signed up for this I asked myself.

I remember trying to retrieve my expedia voucher for the hotel and having to complete all my details again before the voucher was displayed. I still have my printouts and there it was in between my hotel booking a deviation from the Expedia site to the SD site.

I have contacted Expedia and told them I would not use their site again even if the hotel booking was good. What a scam, especially as I live two miles from a major shopping centre!!
  • frgerry
    frgerry Posts: 6 Forumite
    I too was had by Shopper Discounts after clicking on £10 reward voucher. Spoke to Shopper discounts (who had managed to get two payments out of one month from Tesco credit card!) on 808 234 1539. the Call centre girl was very nice but obviously had a prepared script for the likes of me. I asked for a Supervisor, and said I tought the operation was iffy, to say the least, and would complain to the appropriate authorities. she then cancelled my 'subscription' and promised to refund both payments. Having put the phone down I then thought 'who are the appropriate authorities to complain to?' Any one got any bright ideas?
  • crocker
    crocker Posts: 220 Forumite
    I am pleased to inform all interested readers that I have recently received the refunds as promised and "my membership" has been cancelled.

Whilst writing I can assure all readers that I will not be clicking any 'save £10' offers ever again.
    Think not what MSE.com can do for you but what you can do for MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport